Kratos Playable In SC:Broken Destiny

#1 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

From Joystiq (link to article with pics):

"Following last year's ballet with the Force, the company has announced that
God of War's Kratos will be taking out his frustration on the cast of Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny for the PSP."

I can't say as I'm surprised at all, as I expected him to show up in SC4 for the PS3.  From the screens, he'll be able to switch weapons, and he has the Icarus wings.

#2 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

As a fan, I am not going to say no. The novelty factor sounds too fun.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15609 posts) -

Kratos looks overpowered... Just like he should be...

#4 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

Interesting
*Strokes Goatee*

#5 Posted by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: Exactly. He looks like he's going to be a lot of fun. Plus he actually, you know, fits into the universe.
#6 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Oh great! *sigh*

#7 Posted by Player1 (3839 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Kratos looks overpowered... Just like he should be... "
fuck yeah he should be :D
#8 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Eh did i not make a thread about this? I was the one who added the screen shots here but I'm sure that i've made a thread about it yet it is not in this forum, wonder what happened.

edit: looks like i accidentally posted that in the "kratos" forums after linking the images over.

#9 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

So, it seems the rumors of Kratos appearing in Soul Calibur IV actually had some truth to them.

#10 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

Any other character confirmed? Like one from MS's side? Master Chief or Marcus vs Kratos fights?

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15609 posts) -
@cc23574 said:
" Any other character confirmed? Like one from MS's side? Master Chief or Marcus vs Kratos fights? "
It's a PSP game...
#12 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
"
@cc23574 said:
" Any other character confirmed? Like one from MS's side? Master Chief or Marcus vs Kratos fights? "
It's a PSP game..."

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that!
#13 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@Endogene said:
" Eh did i not make a thread about this? I was the one who added the screen shots here but I'm sure that i've made a thread about it yet it is not in this forum, wonder what happened. edit: looks like i accidentally posted that in the "kratos" forums after linking the images over. "
Yeah, dude, I figured someone started a thread for it in this forum, and I wanted to comment on it.  I didn't see a thread, so I went ahead and created one.
#14 Edited by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -

Looks awesome.  I just wonder how the game will play on PSP.

EDIT:  Also, every time I hear the God of War song I always think of this video now.

#15 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Great choice. will likely effect whether or not i buy the game

#16 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

just have to say its really sad, namco being unable to sell units and sell the old hat soul calibur game with no real major changes resorts yet again to adding in secret, exclusive characters to get sales hype.
I wish they'd just redo the whole game system and actually produce something people are gonna wanna buy, cause hype for this game and all past games with the secret exclusive characters all ways dies down 2 days after release cause people find out its not nearly as fun or special as they'd thought it would be.

*remembers his only liked soul game soul blade back on ps1* now that was a good game sad to see what the franchise has turned into.

#17 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:
" just have to say its really sad, namco being unable to sell units and sell the old hat soul calibur game with no real major changes resorts yet again to adding in secret, exclusive characters to get sales hype.I wish they'd just redo the whole game system and actually produce something people are gonna wanna buy, cause hype for this game and all past games with the secret exclusive characters all ways dies down 2 days after release cause people find out its not nearly as fun or special as they'd thought it would be.*remembers his only liked soul game soul blade back on ps1* now that was a good game sad to see what the franchise has turned into. "

William, you haven't even played the game, so how can you possibly draw the conclusion that it's the same old game with no updates :? Even if this plays as well as the Dreamcast original, I will be happy enough that it's coming to PSP. It looks fantastic for a handled version of the game, no SC fan in there right mind expects Namco to pushing the franchise forward with a handheld game, except for you....  /

#18 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Is it possible for the God of War series to take place in the same time as Soul Caliber?

#19 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

Putting Kratos in any fighting game seems incredibly unfair to me.  I'm pretty sure there's no one Kratos can't murder.

#20 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3659 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" EDIT:  Also, every time I hear the God of War song I always think of this video now.

"
This video made my day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.