*Sigh* is it good?

#1 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

I preordered the game and picked it up yesterday but for various reasons I can't play it right now... Is it good? It has mission mode right?

#2 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys...

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

no problem dude lol  
stating from the reviews i've seen, it looks like a very solid fighter. i'd get it if my PSP wasn't broken. and yes there is a mission mode 

#4 Posted by Team18 (55 posts) -

I played a demo of it at a local games convention, and I found it to be pretty boobs. I mean good.

#5 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" yes there is a mission mode  "

NICE.
#6 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

I hated SCIV, so... probably not.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -
Here are some reviews for the game so far.
#8 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
"I hated SCIV, so... probably not. "

Have you played and liked any of the other SC games? I've played the original and II and loved the shit out of both of them. Has the series changed much since II?
#9 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93: 

Agreed. I think they said a lot of that customization nonsense would be returning in the PSP version which serves as a deterrent to me.
#10 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" @SJSchmidt93:   Agreed. I think they said a lot of that customization nonsense would be returning in the PSP version which serves as a deterrent to me. "
A feature you don't even have to use is a deterrent?
#11 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@AgentJ: 

The people I played with used their created characters with boosted stats, so if I wanted a fighting chance I had to use a created character myself. At that point Soul Calibur was no longer Soul Calibur to me.
#12 Posted by Cod3r (21 posts) -

Love the game. Best PSP fighter I have ever played, and I played a lot of 'em. Just, the ''story mode'' is completely empty, and there is no real story. Furthermore all the characters are unlocked from the start, and there is no explanation actually why Kratos ended up in the game.

#13 Posted by TheHT (11243 posts) -

holy shit the character creation system kicks major ass. didn't fight much yet, just created stuff lol.

#14 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" @AgentJ:   The people I played with used their created characters with boosted stats, so if I wanted a fighting chance I had to use a created character myself. At that point Soul Calibur was no longer Soul Calibur to me. "
That didn't seem like the case in IV, at least not to me. In fact, I normally used an uncustomized Talim, and since I started using her I've won more than half my battles. BTW we should play sometime. Add my gamertag : ) 

So I played Broken Destiny at PAX, and I was quite impressed. The PSPs nub isn't perfect, but it's servicable, and the graphics are incredible for a handheld. anyone that likes Soul Calibur should pick it up. 
#15 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Ya bro its gat kratos an shit

#16 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
@Coltonio7 said:
" Ya bro its gat kratos an shit "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.