Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Destructable Armour - Created Fighters!

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SaitenMar

Quick Question,

Was wondering if anyone knew if destructable armour also applies to your created fighters, I would have suspected so but you can never be certain with these types of things. So will the armour you put on your created fighter be destructable like the main collection of characters?

Thanks in advance,
    Thursday can't come quick enough! :p

bladeofold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bladeofold

yeah, it applys to your created characters as well =)

and it comes out on tuesday not thursday :P

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SaitenMar
    bladeofold said:
    "yeah, it applys to your created characters as well =)

and it comes out on tuesday not thursday :P
    "

Thanks for the info, nice to be sure!

doesn't over here in the UK mate, as a Friday release date though we often get them a day before release! Can't Wait tho!
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Ah that's awesome, didnt even know about destructable armor in this game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Yeah,I forgot about that. I'm kind of wondering how its gonna turn out for most of the female characters.... for starters they really went overboard(even past DOA which is a surprise) in terms of giving them to biggest fucking tits in a game ever. To keep the game T rated and have their armor also destructible,I'm kind of wondering about that.

Japanese developers love their boobs I guess.

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SaitenMar
    pause422 said:
    "Yeah,I forgot about that. I'm kind of wondering how its gonna turn out for most of the female characters.... for starters they really went overboard(even past DOA which is a surprise) in terms of giving them to biggest fucking tits in a game ever. To keep the game T rated and have their armor also destructible,I'm kind of wondering about that.

Japanese developers love their boobs I guess.
    "
    Seem one or two women have their armour/cloths damanged and lost in a couple of videos, think one was Hilde and was pretty tasteful in my opinion. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few edgy moments when the armour/cloths start coming off.

and yes, Japanese developers do love their boobs :p Ninja Gaiden 2 showed that in bucket loads!
    MetalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MetalExile

I know that at least to some degree, what will happen when a created character has his or her armor destroyed can be controlled by the player.  For instance, I'm pretty sure there's an option when making the character that's something like undergarments or underwear to select what garment will be under your main armor or costume or whatever.  My guess is that this will show when you have an armor breakage.  I don't know the full details of it yet because I don't have the game, but it appears that how much skin your character will show when his or her armor breaks will be at least partially up to you (just like how much skin he or she shows normally is up to you).

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Well of course we would expect that in ninja gaiden or DOA games ,thats Itagaki for ya lol,but i'm just surprised SCIV has really surpassed them it seems.

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaitenMar
    pause422 said:
    "Well of course we would expect that in ninja gaiden or DOA games ,thats Itagaki for ya lol,but i'm just surprised SCIV has really surpassed them it seems.
    "

I was surprised at the reaction that got, especially over Ivy's somewhat larger assets. Fans were shouting bloody murder over it. Whats the fuse, if they suddenly started playing volleyball in Bikini's then I could understand. But there still all strong representations of the female form who could kick any of the males backsides so I don't agree with the hate argument. Infact its a special extra move they have, you'll be to busy watching Ivy's special assets bounce around to realise your getting beat up bigtime by her.
    bowlerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By bowlerry

Yeah destructable armour will be a nice addition to SC4.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Death_Burnout

Sadly (most?) created characters armour wont fall to the floor like some of the main characters amour will =(

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Homer

It's pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.