Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

How can i set arcade to easy? (Is it possible)

Rearmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rearmed
    Yeah i know i suck but i don't think its fun playing up to stage 3-4 and then not being able to kill the enemy cos maybe i get in one or two hits in the beginning then after that its bye bye i don't get in a single hit when they do like 2-3 combos and i am dead.

Is there any way to set it to easy? I have been looking in the options but there is nothing there for arcade. Only versus.

Or is there a way to make a character that will be easy to walk through it ? (But created characters don't keep there stats in arcade right?)

I need help. Story mode was ok on normal but this is just not fun and i am thinking of quiting the game if there aint a way. My thumbs hurt and i need to take a shower after every gameplaysession.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I may be wrong but I think Arcade is at a set difficulty that just keeps getting harder as it elevates. Your best bet is just to take your favorite characters and go into Practice mode and work on memorizing their best abilties. You can turn the cpu to fight you on any difficulty in Practice mode also,so you can get better at the game there, and time your guards/counters better.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By suneku

I don't think it's possible since it saves and uploads the stats online (which I still haven't been able to figure out where to check those "online stats" for arcade).

Rearmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rearmed

Sad that they have made a my way or the highway game. Must be boring for the ppl who think it is easy not to be able to make it harder. It could just make the stats you get from easy count lower or not at all.
    Sins the easy mode exist in versus and in practice it couldn't have been that hard to do.

Mmm maybe ill give practice a chance but never been found of it and it gest realy boring fast.

Thanks for the answers any way.

GLHF!

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By efrucht

I found arcade mode kind of easy...
    You should learn your character's special moves, that will make the experience more enjoyable for you.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Luke
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Rearmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rearmed

Thx allot for all the info ill have a go at them tomorrow tho i still wonder if my chars that i created are as i created em in arcade (with extra health, perks and defence) or just visuals + weapon? (Maybe just the costumes keep there info over to arcade or them and the new created chars or none?)

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By logson
    Rearmed said:
    " i still wonder if my chars that i created are as i created em in arcade (with extra health, perks and defence) or just visuals + weapon? "

When you have arcade mode highlighted, it says at the bottom of the screen "Fight through 8 stages without equpment and weapon effects..."
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    logson said:
    "Rearmed said:
    " i still wonder if my chars that i created are as i created em in arcade (with extra health, perks and defence) or just visuals + weapon? "

When you have arcade mode highlighted, it says at the bottom of the screen "Fight through 8 stages without equpment and weapon effects...""
    Yeah, if it's just arcade mode you want to go through, don't worry about making a custom astroth or anything, just spam the sweep to overhead smash.
    NAKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By NAKent

Get skill that should fix everything Specially your Break dancing Skills

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

If you find arcade mode difficult other than stage 7 you need to learn your characters moves and or find your character and go through single player a few times

Rearmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rearmed

After hours of just trying with different characters i finally  managed it with Cassandra and i got 10k gold and an honor so thats it never doing arcade again. I couldn't care less for the other starwars dude and sins Darthvaideris a piss character i wont even think about it.

I guess i will go in and try to assend some floors in the tower.

I have another question tho when creating characters i have tons of shoulders for the males but like 3 or 4 for the female and still i have seen the Hilde one witch is nice with a wolfhead, but how do i get that? Is it through the tower or is it through storymode on hard? I have compleated storymode (normal) with all characters exccept a fiew of those under the star.

PS. Is it possible to find the weapons that Shura use's for cervantes? Coss they look so cool.

BTW. Thanks for the help and info on arcade mode.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By suneku

Towers is where you get items.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Psytek

I found story mode a lot easier than arcade... why not just stick with that?

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Psytek said:
    "I found story mode a lot easier than arcade... why not just stick with that?"

Their about equal to me but found arcade slightly easier since it went by faster
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Homer

I really wish it was... cannot get the apprentice...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.