Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Late to the Party: Soul Calibur IV

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By TalonLardner

Gift cards are strange things. They are both real money, but also fake money that isn't really yours. They allow you to spend it on most anything, but only at a specific store. In this case, I had spent a gift card on a game I would not have bought with real cash, and that game is Soul Caliber IV.

Soul Caliber IV filled a rather gaping niche in my collection, that of the fighting genre. I am not normally a fighting game fan, having been turned off from the series by Tekken-esque maddening requirement to memorize move lists to be even remotely competitive. Soul Caliber IV helps me ease back into the fighting genre by allowing me to "button mash" at first, yet also allowing me to warm up and learn the complexities of the game at my own pace.  In addition, the huge customization of the game is a great interest of mine, and I can see myself spending hours upon hours tweaking character's outfits and brewing up my own characters to use.

I do wish the DLC was a bit cheaper, though, or at least, more descriptive on what downloading it gets me. Either way, I'll wait a bit to research more on its DLC to see if it is worth buying or not.

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TalonLardner

Gift cards are strange things. They are both real money, but also fake money that isn't really yours. They allow you to spend it on most anything, but only at a specific store. In this case, I had spent a gift card on a game I would not have bought with real cash, and that game is Soul Caliber IV.

Soul Caliber IV filled a rather gaping niche in my collection, that of the fighting genre. I am not normally a fighting game fan, having been turned off from the series by Tekken-esque maddening requirement to memorize move lists to be even remotely competitive. Soul Caliber IV helps me ease back into the fighting genre by allowing me to "button mash" at first, yet also allowing me to warm up and learn the complexities of the game at my own pace.  In addition, the huge customization of the game is a great interest of mine, and I can see myself spending hours upon hours tweaking character's outfits and brewing up my own characters to use.

I do wish the DLC was a bit cheaper, though, or at least, more descriptive on what downloading it gets me. Either way, I'll wait a bit to research more on its DLC to see if it is worth buying or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.