Watch your Rep.

#1 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
A good old fashion one on one bout seems to, more often than not bring out the inner cunt in people. I guarantee 95% of people you beat over XBL will leave you bad rep just for shits and giggles. Mircosoft need to remove this pointless feature, it brings nothing to the "live" experience.
#2 Edited by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

Don't spam one button or use yoda and you should be fine.

#3 Edited by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Yoda is easy to beat.
#4 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1048 posts) -

Honestly, I wish people would just shut up about Yoda. He's in the game, people are going to use him--deal with it. Learn a character well, and kick his old green ass!

#5 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"Honestly, I wish people would just shut up about Yoda. He's in the game, people are going to use him--deal with it. Learn a character well, and kick his old green ass!"
But if u beat him while using yoda...there goes ur rep
#6 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1048 posts) -
Jeffsekai said:
"MagusMaleficus said:
"Honestly, I wish people would just shut up about Yoda. He's in the game, people are going to use him--deal with it. Learn a character well, and kick his old green ass!"
"
True, true. That's why I typically try to just play with friends and acquaintances, and forget about achievements for online ranked matches and whatnot. That way I know what I'm getting into, you know?
#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"Jeffsekai said:
"MagusMaleficus said:
"
True, true. That's why I typically try to just play with friends and acquaintances, and forget about achievements for online ranked matches and whatnot. That way I know what I'm getting into, you know?"
word
#8 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
Jeffsekai said:
"MagusMaleficus said:
"Jeffsekai said:
"MagusMaleficus said:
"
True, true. That's why I typically try to just play with friends and acquaintances, and forget about achievements for online ranked matches and whatnot. That way I know what I'm getting into, you know?"
word
"
double word
#9 Posted by Killuminati (93 posts) -

Glad I don't have to deal with this on PSN.

#10 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

86% avoided me LOL!

#11 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

lol yeah im glad i got it for ps3

#12 Posted by Bolt3 (126 posts) -

May I ask what is this "rep" ?  Sorry I only have a PS3.. o.O

#13 Edited by Orange_Pork (611 posts) -
Bolt3 said:
"May I ask what is this "rep" ?  Sorry I only have a PS3.. o.O"
It's how Xbox Live assigns priority to people you play with. If you submit a good player review for someone, the next time the two of you are online at the same time, it'll try to get the you in the same game with eachother instead of randomly assigning someone else. Likewise, if you give a bad review, you'll avoid that person. The problem is, people will submit bad reviews just because you beat them. For example, someone said I was "Unsporting" because I did Siegfried's five-stomp move after they were KO'd.
#14 Posted by Bolt3 (126 posts) -

Ah ok thanks for explaining, sounds like it can be abused! Shame to hear that tthe concept of sportsmanship isn't there all the time..

#15 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Rep isn't important in any way, it's flawed. I don't care if people vote me positive or negative when I'm playing.

#16 Posted by mawfu (84 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"Rep isn't important in any way, it's flawed. I don't care if people vote me positive or negative when I'm playing.
"
It's true. I have played against people that I know gave me bad reviews. Which is funny to hear them cry.
#17 Posted by Creciente (82 posts) -

I don't like how all the people who don't follow the basic rules on Live still have 5-star rating.

#18 Posted by Orange_Pork (611 posts) -

Is it even possible to have less than a 3-star rating? I never understood that star system.

#19 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -
denshuu said:
"Is it even possible to have less than a 3-star rating? I never understood that star system.
"

I've only seen one person with less than 3 stars.
#20 Posted by Arjuna (888 posts) -
The Rep system is awesome.  I'll admit, it might be flawed because someone misuses it, but if I look at someone's rep and it is three or less stars, I often find that those ppl are the glitchers and griefers.  Perhaps a revision of the rep system?  Or a replacement?  But I need some way to report and express my distaste for glitchers and griefers.
#21 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
Jeffsekai said:
"Don't spam one button or use yoda and you should be fine.
"

If people dont spam one button with kilik, yoda,apprentice or astaroth(because when he kicks you  are constantly stunned and one kid did it to me today) than your okay in my book just dont button mash  period. I dont understand the xbox live community where button mashing is accepted but I truly wish there was a achievement for doing the majority of your characters moves in training or multiplayer or singleplayer. Then they could have button mash casual servers and good servers with non button mashers although some button mashers would sneak in some how it would still lower them to almost extinction
#22 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I give people bad rep "Lacking skill" Every time they use Cervantes and spam the same two special moves, or use taki and spam the same combo over and over. Even if I win. Because they're dou chebag's.

#23 Posted by Toriko (82 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
His green ass is easy

And I'm not worried about being avoided, it doesn't change your stars so who cares
#24 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Word, yoda is like the Capt Olimar of SC 4. Totally a joke.

#25 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

I fukn hate when ppl button mash the one button repeatadly, i get so frustrated i stop thinking straight.

#26 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"I fukn hate when ppl button mash the one button repeatadly, i get so frustrated i stop thinking straight."
KILIK - triangle, triangle. Triangle, triangle. Triangle, triangle.

Grr.
#27 Posted by efrucht (639 posts) -

Rep? I have a PS3 so I have no idea what this is. I'm curious, what happens if your rep gets too low, and can you take it up with anyone to have your rep cleared?

Also, I admit I'm one of the Kilik spammers, but hey that is nothing compared to how cheap Sigfried is, the man can attack so fast and every attack literally CRUSHES you, very lame....

#28 Posted by Wolswor (201 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"I give people bad rep "Lacking skill" Every time they use Cervantes and spam the same two special moves, or use taki and spam the same combo over and over. Even if I win. Because they're dou chebag's.
"
You mean cervantes shadow flare and geo de ray? Sorry, if those hit you then you just suck.  They're easily sidestepped and unless you either just mash attack  alot then you shouldn't get touched. By the way, just blocking standing up gaurds against both of these attacks.  And if you're good at timing you can hit cervantes out of the air.
#29 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

They probably should pull the entire rep system from Soul Calibur 4. I imagine that, unlike most games, abuse outweighs legitimate reporting situations in a game where you're paired against one other opponent by something like 500 to 1.

As it stands, there are only 2 reps in XBox Live. "5 stars" means you have friends who have 360, and "3 stars" means you don't.

#30 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

You're totally right, the only feature that I use anyway is reporting.

#31 Posted by Loki81 (16 posts) -

Its a crap system, all of my bad feed back is from assholes just being dicks. I pay for live and dont need a rep that gets ruined for no reason. Its actually useless either way.  It needs to be scraped.

#32 Posted by FaintDeftone (81 posts) -

I bought the game mainly to play with friends anyways but you guys are kinda scaring me away from Ranked matches. I have a 5 star rating and no reports on my account. I'd like to keep it that way.

#33 Posted by Gamer_152 (14111 posts) -

95%? I think that figure might be a little exxagerrated but the truth is that most people leaving feedback are selfish noobs and everybody else doesn't want to spend all their time on their Xbox scrolling through members to make every second person they see a prefered player. The system has been useless for ages and although reporting is a neccessity I agree that Microsoft might as well get rid of it.

#34 Posted by Orange_Pork (611 posts) -

Getting negative feedback doesn't seem to decrease your stars. In fact, it raised mine. The first two people to give me rep gave bad reviews, and it increased my stars from 3 to 5. I got two more positive reviews, and it didn't change.

#35 Posted by Raiden36O (123 posts) -

I dont really care about bad rep, thats not the biggest idiot move on SC IV multiplayer. The most annoying thing is how in 1/3 matches if someone is loosing they will just cut there connection and u dont get a win. I even had some idiot who had like 200 wins 15 defeats cut his connection the moment he died in the final round, id already won the match yet because it hadn't gone to the experience screen i didnt get a win, i mean common. Aparently they still get a loss but why should the winner get screwed over by a sore looser?

#36 Posted by Eisen (132 posts) -
efrucht said:
"Rep? I have a PS3 so I have no idea what this is. I'm curious, what happens if your rep gets too low, and can you take it up with anyone to have your rep cleared?

Also, I admit I'm one of the Kilik spammers, but hey that is nothing compared to how cheap Sigfried is, the man can attack so fast and every attack literally CRUSHES you, very lame....

"
On the PS3, you just have to watch out for jerks that send messages full of foul language to you after a match.  My block list grows by the day.
#37 Posted by snakepunk (18 posts) -
Raiden36O said:
"I dont really care about bad rep, thats not the biggest idiot move on SC IV multiplayer. The most annoying thing is how in 1/3 matches if someone is loosing they will just cut there connection and u dont get a win. I even had some idiot who had like 200 wins 15 defeats cut his connection the moment he died in the final round, id already won the match yet because it hadn't gone to the experience screen i didnt get a win, i mean common. Aparently they still get a loss but why should the winner get screwed over by a sore looser?
"
Yea happened to me once. Loser was using the apprentice and was getting his ass whooped. And then he quit. Fag. Yea apprentice sucks, why use him.
As for the topic, it went the other way around for me. 5 full stars now where it used to be 3, after my first hour on ranked matches.
#38 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"SSbabel said:
"I fukn hate when ppl button mash the one button repeatadly, i get so frustrated i stop thinking straight."
KILIK - triangle, triangle. Triangle, triangle. Triangle, triangle.

Grr.
"

That is incredibly easy to sidestep.

I use Kilik, and I don't button-mash.
#39 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

All kiliks button mash it is fact unless I play you and see it. Kilik is for noobs who continue to not know their moves just like cervantes.

#40 Posted by immike (714 posts) -

The rep system does indeed work. I was playing the splinter cell DA demo a long way back and there was this guy hosting a server but he was away. Me and my friend could not host, cause we kept getting put in his server. We avoided him and were able to host our own, cool! Goes to show, don't host a server and then walk away for longer than 20 min...

#41 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Is this one of the greatest bumps?

#42 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
"Is this one of the greatest bumps? "

I think it may be.
#43 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
" All kiliks button mash it is fact unless I play you and see it. Kilik is for noobs who continue to not know their moves just like cervantes. "
Damn it man! Don't diss my boy Cervantes!
 What pulled me off that game was the fact that people would create custom characters with insane attack and then spam an attack. One guy customised his character so that he was combo hit kill.
#44 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@dbz1995: Siegfried has swagger with the mandemz
#45 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" @dbz1995: Siegfried has swagger with the mandemz "
You have Soul Caliber IV? Then why not play it with me?
#46 Posted by Nasar7 (2806 posts) -
@denshuu said:
" For example, someone said I was "Unsporting" because I did Siegfried's five-stomp move after they were KO'd. "
lol, I too always pile on the hurtin' after KOs. Then again, I only play with people I know IRL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.