Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

What is with the mass of Kilik's online.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

Is it just me or is there just a massive amount of users that use Kilik...... its starting to get me really angry. I use Yoshimitsu and when ever i face a kilik im just sigh. Why cant people use other chars other than one that can hit you across the f-ing screen.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Maybe because it requires no skill to win with him?...... But ye, I seem to play against either Kilik, Nightmare or Siegfried the most regular. Most people just use the same move over and over but the occasional person can play with them properly. Plus, if you go on the ranked matches then less people use those characters, plus the ones that do generally don't just spam the 'big sword swing' button :)

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By roofy

haha... at least you havnt meet people playing Cervantes or that bonus chick.
    they just hold back + Y and B  (PS3 would be back +triangle and circle i think) and keep spamming.
    cant wait for a patch like that.
    maxi is my only defense for them because hes so fast

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i'm a taki player. i really have no way to get past a spamming kilik offense with the moveset i have coupled with the latancy issues in online matches. if someone plays kilik i just put my controller down and poor me a glass of dr. pepper. they seem to get confused when my character doesn't get back up. its funny.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i like kilik but i dont mash with him i use his way harder combos but when im online i use maxi

Agent_Cool5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Agent_Cool5

Kilik is the business.

I don't think any more is necessary.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Patchinko
    ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "i'm a taki player. i really have no way to get past a spamming kilik offense with the moveset i have coupled with the latancy issues in online matches. if someone plays kilik i just put my controller down and poor me a glass of dr. pepper. they seem to get confused when my character doesn't get back up. its funny."
    Wind roll more.
    kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By kingmasters

he is easy like Sunday morning

east

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By east

If you're getting hit by Kilik across the screen you need to learn not to get hit by him across the screen. If he misses with his long range attacks he leaves himself open to easy counters. So keep a distance and see what move the player favours, and adapt accordingly. A majority of the Kilik players just know a few attacks, which are super easy to counter and evade.

Though I see your frustration. Unskilled Kilik players are just boring to fight, but if you're up one who knows how to use the character, then he's one of the most entertaining characters to fight.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Patchinko

Can't you fly over it as Yoshimitsu, and end the flying move with a pretty massive  unblockable attack?

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Psytek
    ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "i'm a taki player. i really have no way to get past a spamming kilik offense with the moveset i have coupled with the latancy issues in online matches. if someone plays kilik i just put my controller down and poor me a glass of dr. pepper. they seem to get confused when my character doesn't get back up. its funny."
    Lol, you can't call yourself a taki player if you don't know her moves dude.

I use taki's style with a lot of characters, and there are plenty of good long range and 8-way-run moves, all you have to do is time the long range attacks and use her placement moves to run rings around kilik. my favourtie tactic is to use the rolling attacks in-between the opponents attacks, they never know what attack you'll do out of it, so its really hard to GI. Also, her filps let you move pretty much anywhere on the stage whenever you want, so all you do is wait until your opponent uses an attack that leaves them open for a little bit afterward, and jump behind them or to the sides. Once you get in, you can just keep using her fast combos and low/high mix attacks to prevent them from doing any more moves.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

because people suck and it requires no effort to win as kilik, its pretty simple.

Killuminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killuminati
    pause422 said:
    "because people suck and it requires no effort to win as kilik, its pretty simple."
    Actually I think he is one of the best characters in the game.
    Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Wolswor
    roofy said:
    "haha... at least you havnt meet people playing Cervantes or that bonus chick.
    they just hold back + Y and B  (PS3 would be back +triangle and circle i think) and keep spamming.
    cant wait for a patch like that.
    maxi is my only defense for them because hes so fast"
    A patch? You think the ability to use that move repeatedly is a glitch?  That is probably the most easily avoidable attack in the game, here I'll tell you what to do: first, when they vanish you push either up or down or just regular block while standing....OMG YOU BLOCKED IT!!! they are now vulnerable and you can kill them. But wait, don't they also have a move where they go back and then dash fowards across the screen and most noobs spam it, well good news, you can dodge it the same way!!!  Honestly cervantes/shura have only a few low attacks, just block regularly and you can stop all of their most used atttacks..
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK

isn't it because not only does he reach a mile away he;s also fast and powerful? i dunno i haven't played 4 yet but i';ve played the previous ones

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Arjuna

I like Cassandra.  Her sword and appearance make you think that she doesn't have far reach.  But she has hella awesome reach.

Killuminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killuminati
    crunchUK said:
    "isn't it because not only does he reach a mile away he;s also fast and powerful? i dunno i haven't played 4 yet but i';ve played the previous ones"
    That would be it but what's funny is Astaroth has a longer reach then Killik and his moves do more damage. Astaroth just isn't as fast but if you time his moves right it only takes a few hits and grabs and your dead.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Psytek

Most characters have surpisingly long range moves if you take the time to learn them. For example the apprentices 22_88A makes him take a freaking huuuge step forward, and cassandra's 88_22B+K is a really good way to move in on a kilik player when they use a vertical move.

With Taki you can use her flips to land yourself right on top of kilik, and if you time it right, you land a kick to interrupt him. also, a well timed wind roll can also get you inside.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Kilik= button mashing noobs
    Siegfried+ Nightmare= Newer people but still beatable
    Cervantes= Mash Y until they win but I used to be a cervantes noob but stopped
    Maxi= fast feels cheap but beatable
    Yoda= Beatable but annoying
    Apprentice= If good enough they can almost seem unbeatable
    Astaroth= If he presses B and you cant get out of the infinite stun you lose period

They all made getting Hero King that much harder , frustrating and rewarding best achievement I have ever unlocked considering quitters, mashers, noobs. Thank you Namco for making some broken characters so I can get Hero King and be proud.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Patchinko
    Psytek said:
    "Most characters have surpisingly long range moves if you take the time to learn them. For example the apprentices 22_88A makes him take a freaking huuuge step forward, and cassandra's 88_22B+K is a really good way to move in on a kilik player when they use a vertical move.

With Taki you can use her flips to land yourself right on top of kilik, and if you time it right, you land a kick to interrupt him. also, a well timed wind roll can also get you inside."
    Yeah, that's why I said "Wind roll more" earlier. Beating Kilik with Taki actually isn't hard at all, you just have to know her moves.

I've been playing Yoshimitsu a bit in what little free time I've had recently and based on his moveset and speed, he can probably take a Kilik button-masher pretty easily too, but you have to know what you're doing.
    normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By normajean777

am i the only person who likes raphael?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Shadow

Whenever I see anyone online use Kilik, I take out my "Kilik Sucks" character which is basically just a lady in a pink cat suit with a pink staff, and I almost always win.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By alexl86

Kilik users tend to use some button combination involving vertical attacks. Just sidestep and tear them apart. When they start using horizontal, just block. Kilik isn't really that fast and he leaves himself open for punishment if you have a fast character.

Avatar image for bombermankiiier
    BombermanKiIIer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BombermanKiIIer

Whenever I fight a Kilik player, I combo the fuck out of them. They make me so angry.
    Also, TC, why don't you use Yoshimitsu's variety of teleporting attacks? Tele-kangaroo kick always gets me.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By AndrewJD

I've recently taken to playing with Yoshimitsu and ye, works pretty well against most characters if you know his moves well enough.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gargantuan

My first online match was against a spamming kilik player. After that ranked match I never played another ranked one. I've never met a kilik in an unranked match and I've played around 30 matches.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By efrucht

Kilik is a safe character, with some pretty powerful, far-reaching attacks and a decent recovery time. He's perfect for new players, because he responds well to button mashing and his moves are easy to pull off.

If you are having trouble fighting him just sidestep a lot and try to stay at least mid range away, because his close-range horizontal comes out like lighting. When he tries to poke you or sweep you, sidestep or block/jump, then rush in and combo the daylights out of him.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By TomA

I like Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu.It's probably Kilik's long reach and high damage that attract people to that character,same with yoda,cause you cant high attack or thow him.And Starkilller is incredibly good same with Algol.But Kilik,yoda Starkiler and Algol are all cheap ass anyway

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By SSbabel

Simply put his weapons reach os the longest plus his got a fast tight fighting style and well his probably the best character to use for begginers to the core SC 4 gamers.

Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Two

Kilik is so easy to beat. I can't believe so many people are having issues with him.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheFreeMan

I found (for me) that the two anti-Kilik characters were Maxi and Taki, since they could dodge by his moves and then combo him like nobody's business. To a lesser extent, Siegfried also works, if only because he has a long range "poke" move (that, for some ungodly reason, a lot of Kilik players have extreme difficulty blocking).

Forestspeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forestspeyer

God nothing annoys me more then online Kiliks
    i mean i win against almost all of them but seriously i was playing c4 online today and i played like 7 kiliks in a row <_< where's the origionality.
    i can usually close in and beat the crap out of him with amy but Some times i choose seigfried just to piss 'em off xDDD
    what you should do is easy find some one faster with a good combo amy's <- Y B does the trick every time

xxdogofgleexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xxdogofgleexx

well THIS makes me sad. 
    i was looking forward to making SCIV my first game when i went next gen (360 most likely, but who knows yet?), but now that i've found out i'm borderline monotonous in liking kilik i'm less eager. if i go online to prove my worth and everyone thinks i'm some miserable fanboy picking the "easy" character then what's the point? plus, kilik's got some tougher stuff. 
    ah whatev. i'll still use kilik and i'll PROVE that i'm not just button-mashing to my opponents...so long as they don't act like little bitches and/or "  put [their] controller down and poor [them] a glass of dr. pepper." come on.   not every guy with a bo staff is just trying to vertical attack-mash his way to victory. some of us just like bo staffs and troubled pasts. and plus, i just don't like most other characters. 
     any thoughts for who deserves more attention though?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.