"All" Characters super moves parried

#1 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Hey guys I made a video but before you declare it youtube spam hear me out

What do you all think about the "Just Guard" system? Do you think it's too much like 3rd Strike's parry system? Will it replace Guard Impact?

Personally, I think it's okay but it's now impossible to get into lengthy parry exchanges because GI takes meter and it can't be done with Just Guard. It opens up lots more mind games and I think Namco did a great job with the system so far. They might need a balance patch soon because some characters can punish ridiculous amounts off of a guard crush even without meter.

Anyway, here's the vid. I hope some of you like it. SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T UNLOCKED ALL THE CHARACTERS YET AND YOU CARE TO UNLOCK THEM YOURSELF!

#2 Edited by Itwastuesday (956 posts) -

I can't figure out the timing for how to do this. Do you have to tap guard before the super flash, or after it?

I love that you can just guard unblockables. How do you block an unblockable attack you ask? well, just guard!

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

Just Guard is going to give us hype as fuck moments which is all I care about. Way more dynamic than GI.

#4 Posted by BBQBram (2212 posts) -

What exactly is the difference between this and GI?

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Actual text accompanying a vid = not YT spam. Hooray!

#6 Posted by Itwastuesday (956 posts) -
#7 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Why do those people bother carrying around a swords bigger than their own bodies if some little girl can stop their most powerful swings with a little metal plate?

#8 Edited by MikeFightNight (1106 posts) -

I didn't even realize this was in the game, looks awesome Parrying was one of my favourite things about 3rd strike. I gotta try this out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.