Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur V

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 31, 2012

Set seventeen years after Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V introduces a number of new characters to the roster and offers new gameplay tweaks and online enhancements.

Character Creation Trailer = sold

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By landon

Soul Calibur 4 sucked. They made so many ridiculously stupid decisions with that game it pretty much turned me off to any future SC games, until....

Just.... yes. This is exactly what I wanted. Super easy to navigate, massively customizable and no stats to fuck up your character. You can even change the clothes of the regular characters in the game, so infinite alternate outfits, I guess. This has excited me a great deal.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By fox01313

So many alternate outfits yet the gameplay will be pretty close to the last few SC games, after playing SC4 I can pretty much guarantee that any other SC games will last about a weekend of gameplay before getting tired of it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I was sold 'cause... SC4 was a ton of fun. Am I the only one who dug that game?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingzetta

hot damn that looks good

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mazik765

@TooWalrus said:

Nope. I'm right there with you.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Slaker117

Wow, that really is an impressive amount of customization.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Spike94

Just found this, first time I saw it. Definitely getting 5 now. I hope they do a Chronicles thing like in 3, I think I'm the only person that dug that.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BBQBram

@mazik765 said:

@TooWalrus said:

Nope. I'm right there with you.

Me too. Played the shit out of 2 then forgot about the series until 4 came out. Had to get used to the slower feel at first but once it clicked it played so smooth I never put it down.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Superkenon

While IV didn't hook me anywhere close to the way II did, I thought it was just fine. The Character Creator was definitely one of the bigger draws there, so I'm happy to see it expanded upon even further.

HelperBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HelperBomb

Looks like some edited him >:O

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By benspyda

SCIV had very little for single player which is all I play in fighting games other than playing against friends on the same console. They beef up the content like in the first 3 then I may come back.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Stahlbrand

I'm a Capcom fighter fan, but way back in the day my younger brother was nuts for SC2 - eventually buying a pawnshop Dreamcast just to play it, and IIRC he did all the quest mode stuff (before there were achievements, too bad).

I never got very big into SC myself, and I didn't like Tekken.

But I bought this game just on the strength of its character creator. I've had alot of fun with it.

If I had to play as the default characters, I wouldn't have bought it, and I certainly wouldn't have played as much of it as I have. But being able to put my Oblivion/Skyrim characters in the game, and other creations as well, has really fueled my contiued interest. My ranked online W/L is about 23/69, which is pretty terrible, but playing as my characters kept me playing, even through nearly 70 losses so far. The quick battle mode has been a great deal of fun too - some of the fighters are like puzzles, and I've beaten just over 150 of them.

It is a shame the parts don't unlock as quickly as they could, but playing in my spare time (admittedly I played it pretty much all day on Saturday) I got to player level 42 in the first week and have unlocked more than 85% of the content.

This game has a fantastic character creation system - limited somewhat in face structure (choose from about 20 options) but the control you have over colours and patterns, and mixing and matching parts is very very impressive.

TL:DR

If you're even a little into fighting games, and you love character creation as I do, buy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.