Just Guard - "'like a flowing stream"

#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

So yeahhhh... i suck at this game so bad, but this "Just Guard" thing is just something else...lol

I'm trying to get the trophy and you only need to land five, but its just not cooperating with me, i saw some video trying to explain it, but it didn't help since it only said press x lightly or something to that effect...

does anyone have any other helpful tips for performing a just guard for this trophy?

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Did they change how is worked from past Soul Caliber games? In those you just needed really good timing with parrys.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Did they change how is worked from past Soul Caliber games? In those you just needed really good timing with parrys.

In Soul Calibur V, Guard Impacts now cost super meter to perform, so you can't do them endlessly. There is, however, a new mechanic called Just Guard, where tapping the guard button at a precise moment will defend against any attack, even unblockables, doesn't cost meter, and gives you the advantage.

#4 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

In Soul Calibur V, Guard Impacts now cost super meter to perform, so you can't do them endlessly. There is, however, a new mechanic called Just Guard, where tapping the guard button at a precise moment will defend against any attack, even unblockables, doesn't cost meter, and gives you the advantage.

You also can't parry; you can only repel or counter.

It really throws me off because I'm so used to the old repel system that I keep doing it and all I do is sit there guarding like an idiot.

#5 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

It is a strange change, but it still seems fine to me

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

i just got the trophy, so here's my tip...

go to arcade hard mode and just spam the heck out of guard and eventually you'll catch five of them, i got all five during the whole match lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.