Official Live Stream Thread

#1 Edited by FLStyle (4665 posts) -

Soulcalibur V is an EVO 2012 Main Tournament game. Check out the Road to EVO majors leading up to EVO 2012 in July.

http://www.twitch.tv/team/fgcpros for a list of which FGC streams are live.

#2 Posted by FLStyle (4665 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

HYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#4 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

whatever this is it is not soul calibur

#5 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -
@FLStyle
I saw some of Arturo playing the story mode last night. I know most fighting games aren't known for their story but the "cutscenes" (90% still-images with voiceovers) looked really bad.

"I love my sister!"

"Fight me and prove it."

*whack*

"Okay, you proved it."

Now repeat that for 2-3 hours. Congratulations you have unlocked everything there is to unlock from the story mode. Also, you're only allowed to play 2 characters and their alts (and one of them whines either way) for almost all of the story and there are no alternate paths for losing a match. Have fun.
#6 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

@DocHaus said:

@FLStyle: I saw some of Arturo playing the story mode last night. I know most fighting games aren't known for their story but the "cutscenes" (90% still-images with voiceovers) looked really bad. "I love my sister!" "Fight me and prove it." *whack* "Okay, you proved it." Now repeat that for 2-3 hours. Congratulations you have unlocked everything there is to unlock from the story mode. Also, you're only allowed to play 2 characters and their alts (and one of them whines either way) for almost all of the story and there are no alternate paths for losing a match. Have fun.

Fun fact: 95% of people buy fighting games for the multiplayer. Nobody is going to touch the story mode.

#7 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

@DocHaus said:

@FLStyle: I saw some of Arturo playing the story mode last night. I know most fighting games aren't known for their story but the "cutscenes" (90% still-images with voiceovers) looked really bad. "I love my sister!" "Fight me and prove it." *whack* "Okay, you proved it." Now repeat that for 2-3 hours. Congratulations you have unlocked everything there is to unlock from the story mode. Also, you're only allowed to play 2 characters and their alts (and one of them whines either way) for almost all of the story and there are no alternate paths for losing a match. Have fun.

Fun fact: 95% of people buy fighting games for the multiplayer. Nobody is going to touch the story mode.

[citation needed], especially since the streamers were playing through that same story mode to unlock shit.

Besides, if that is true, why the fuck are they charging a full $60 for it?

#8 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -
#9 Posted by FLStyle (4665 posts) -
#10 Posted by FLStyle (4665 posts) -

Fighting Games!

Japanese (Fuudo, Mago, Tokido), UK, French and Swedish players at the World Game Cup in Cannes, France

StreamStreamer
UK StreamARMSHOUSE (WorstGiefEver)
French Stream 1Danstacavesf
French Stream 2SWGA_maho

Road to EVO Tournament Season Qualifier GVN Winter Brawl in Philadelphia, USA

StreamStreamer
Stream 1Team Spooky
Stream 28WayRun

Road to EVO Tournament Season Qualifier OzHadou Nationals X in Sydney, Austrailia

StreamStreamer
Stream 1OzHadou
Stream 2?

Soulcalibur 5 Top 8 is about to begin at the World Game Cup.

Soulcalibur 5 Brackets for Winter Brawl are on 8WayRun.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -
#12 Posted by FLStyle (4665 posts) -

I must admit I'm not sure how the meter usage works in sc5.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Wow, so many controller issues there at the end. It was really hard to watch.

#14 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#15 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
#16 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

the hype is the room is amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.