Online style usage

#1 Posted by smokeyd123 (330 posts) -

I've fought almost every style online, EXCEPT Raphael. It seems like I'm the only one playing Raphael online. Has anyone else noticed this strange occurence?

To make it more interesting, what styles do you guys hate to fight against online/like to fight against/like to use etc.?

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24977 posts) -

I remember someone in one of the Global Colosseo lobbies complaining about the lack of Hilde players. I then fought two Hildes in a row.

Also, I can't say that I've fought many Raphaels. Maybe a couple at most. What's struck me is that I've barely fought anyone using Patroklos or Alpha Patroklos. As for styles I hate fighting online, I have hard time with Siegfried and Nightmare players, though a lot of that is my fault. I'm not good at being defensive and usually end up just setting myself up to get smacked in the head by a zweihander.

And for my own styles, I've gravitated toward mostly using Pyrrha Omega, followed by Leixia and Hilde.

#3 Posted by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -

I see a fair bit of Raphael but not a ton. I tend to use Mitsurugi and Hilde online and I dread any mach that is against Ezio, the character is fine but most people I play seem to just spam his crossbow.

#4 Posted by smokeyd123 (330 posts) -

@DarkShaper: I've played some Ezio, it's his off the ground sword moves that seem to do the most damage, the crossbow is too slow most of the time to do anything.

@Hailinel: I haven't seen Alpha Patroklos either and I've seen a couple of Patroklos but not many. A good Nightmare can make me sad, but I haven't been up against many challenging Siegfriends, granted, I only have about 37 matches played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.