Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur V

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 31, 2012

Set seventeen years after Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V introduces a number of new characters to the roster and offers new gameplay tweaks and online enhancements.

Pyrrha vs. Pyrrha Omega, Elysium vs. Edge Master

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

So I've been playing Soul Calibur V for a few days now, in between sessions of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I'm trying to puzzle out the differences in some of the characters. Are there any major differences between Pyrrha and her Omega form? Also, what about the random style characters, Elysium and Edge Master?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soldierg654342

Kilik and Elysium pull style from male and female characters, respectively. Edge Master pulls from the whole cast.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By connerthekewlkid

i haven't gone through the story yet but i assume that omega form has more damaging combos and longer ones. don't know about elysuim or edge master.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Yeah, that guy said above about Elysium, also, Elysium always uses her own Special move thingo, whatever they call it.

Omega actually has moves different from Pyrrha, but you probably won't know unless you play one of them a fair bit and learn their moves. The difference isn't quite that major, but it's there.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By donchipotle

Omega Pyrrha has a different super and some different moves.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Hailinel Pyrrha plays like Sophitia and Omega plays like Cassandra, or something along those lines.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@StarvingGamer said:

@Hailinel Pyrrha plays like Sophitia and Omega plays like Cassandra, or something along those lines.

I see. Thanks, and thanks to everyone else that answered.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Hailinel said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Never mind I just double checked and I'm a liar. Petrakolos or whatever is Sophitia, Pyrrha is Cassandra, and Omega is a modified Cassandra.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Stahlbrand

Omega Pyrrha isn't a scared brat in her intro/win screens, and doesn't apologize for every blow, which makes here about 5000x less annoying. Thanks Christ for character creation, the default cast is a real drag.

As far as useful differeences go, Omega's B+G throw is better and can be extended with down and A or B. Her critical edge has a different animation, but I don't know if it is more damaging. I haven't played much Omega Pyrrha and hardly any original Phrrha but I think there normals are all pretty much the same -- but I made a custom character with Omega's set, so I guess I'll have to learn the specifics soon.

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By pplus0440

@Hailinel:

Statistically Omega is full power and full speed and regular pyhra is a balanced character. Omega is pretty op in my mind.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zonikjj

@StarvingGamer said:

@Hailinel said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Never mind I just double checked and I'm a liar. Petrakolos or whatever is Sophitia, Pyrrha is Cassandra, and Omega is a modified Cassandra.

I think Pyrrha Omega's move set was most like Sophitia's, though all of them are at least fairly similar to one another anyway.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bearshamanbro

I can only attest to Pyrrha at the moment. Regular Pyrrha is a more well rounded character and might be slightly better. She has more tools and has better mixups. Omega is more limited but hits harder and has the Nemesis Step moves like 236+a and 236+b that are really really good. From what I gather on 8wayrun, regular Pyrrha is more offensive and Omega is relatively more defensive. Omega takes more skill to be good at and you really have to look to punish whiffs. Overall, it seems regular Pyrrha is getting the nod as the better character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.