Whats your favorite character?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Soul cal 5 is coming out soon and I know very few people her actually it, but those that do....Whats your favorite character?
Ever since Soul cal 2 Rephael has been my favorite character in any fighting game ever.  I was actually playing SC2 yesterday and let me tell you Heihachi was actually a fantastic character. He was super faster and super strong, really wish he was in the new one. Anyways Raphael's SC5 theme song might be my new favorite music ever. 

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3629 posts) -

Taki's boobs.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4966 posts) -

Voldo's boobs

#4 Posted by Hector (3346 posts) -

Link...

#5 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

I used to like Nightmare back when I played SCII.

I was never much a fan of Raphael but his delivery of the line "You're not even worth killing!" has sort of stuck with me.

#6 Posted by nohthink (1222 posts) -

I've always liked Voldo mostly because it gives other people creeps lol.

I actually got pretty good at using him, too.

#7 Posted by Aetheldod (3341 posts) -

Nightmare ... is the one I like using the most

#8 Edited by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

Siegfried. No real exotic choice here. I was more of a fan during in SCII era when he was Nightmare, his story being naught but a twisted tragedy all around. Though his struggle for redemption since isn't terrible. Overall his character arc is one of, if not the most developed plotline in Soul Calibur, so it makes him an easy pick.

Curious to see what they'll do with him in SCV.

But if we're talking gameplay, I've always favored Talim.

#9 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

Mitsurugi, with Nightmare/Siegfried close behind.

#10 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2950 posts) -

Tira. No particular reason why, but she was awesome in 3, and I'm glad they've... sort of... fixed her appearance for V. My disappointment was palpable with her new style in IV.

#11 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:

Tira. No particular reason why, but she was awesome in 3, and I'm glad they've... sort of... fixed her appearance for V. My disappointment was palpable with her new style in IV.

yeah she looks better in 5
#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I was probably best with (and liked) Seong Mi-na and Kilik, of which nothing has been heard of the former in V, and the latter has been nixed.

Well, this isn't good, is it...

#13 Edited by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

Cervantes. Double tap forward, triangle...

#14 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

Seung Mi-na has been my go to since SCII but I also really like Setsuka.

#15 Edited by AmatureIdiot (982 posts) -

Mitsurugi, mainly because of the hours spent beating my friends who actually learnt the moves of other characters with vertical slash spam in SCII.

#16 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

Kilik. I just love the way he gets up on that pole.

#17 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Spawn.

Or if that doesn't count, then Lizardman. He's a lizard. And a man.

#18 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

cervantes he'sa cool pirate

#19 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

Definitely Nightmare. Ever since the first Soul Calibur. He has an awesome design and his combos are powerful and satisfying to pull off. In fact his inclusion is the only reason I'm interested in SCV at all.

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2580 posts) -

Edgemaster from the original on Dreamcast.

#21 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

Hilde, women in full plate armour are my weakness.

#22 Posted by HadesTimes (793 posts) -

Mitsurugi was my go to back in the day. Can't wait to check out the new characters in this one.

#23 Posted by TiE23 (297 posts) -

Talim. I actually learned how to do some cool moves with her in SCII but she felt a little underwhelming in IV... Is she even coming back in SCV?

#24 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@TiE23 said:

Talim. I actually learned how to do some cool moves with her in SCII but she felt a little underwhelming in IV... Is she even coming back in SCV?

no and neither is sestka
#25 Edited by Djratchet (664 posts) -

Amy. She's like Raphael (my previous fav), but faster.

I don't know if she's been confirmed for V, but she better be.

#26 Posted by BRich (428 posts) -

Seigfried to play as. Ivy's ass to look at.

#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9754 posts) -

I will say one thing: If you're playing SCII, and Link is not in the version you're playing, you're playing the wrong game!

#28 Edited by Aleryn (703 posts) -

Old Mitsu and Sophy/Cassy fan here. I look forward to the additon of Sophy's daughter and the mage-girl with the magic-orb weapon in SC-V.

#29 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

I will say one thing: If you're playing SCII, and Link is not in the version you're playing, you're playing the wrong game!

Was link actually a good character to play, or is it just because he's link?
#30 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9754 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

He was a good character to play. A lot of variety in what he could do. Maybe a little over powered, because he had arrows and bombs, but hey, he's Link! Seriously, he was one of my favorites in the game.

#31 Edited by benspyda (1898 posts) -

How can you not pick Yoshimitzu, he can stab himself through the chest and then attack with the side that's protruding him.

Also as far as the woman go, I thought Tira was the cutest.

#32 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

@kingzetta said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

He was a good character to play. A lot of variety in what he could do. Maybe a little over powered, because he had arrows and bombs, but hey, he's Link! Seriously, he was one of my favorites in the game.

Sounds like they recycled a lot of his moves in the SC3 thief class.
#33 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Ivy, because of the messed up shit you can do with stance switch combos.

#34 Posted by Bones8677 (3170 posts) -

Talim.

Sadly, she is not in Soul Calibur 5. Which is terrible! Hopefully she'll come in a DLC pack.

#35 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

@mazik765 said:

Or if that doesn't count, then Lizardman. He's a lizard. And a man.

Same dude, same reasons.

#36 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Seong Mi-na since Soul Edge back in the 90's arcades, but Talim became a favorite with SCIII (I didn't play SCII that I can recall). I don't think either are in SCV...until the DLC hopefully.

#37 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I think all my favourite characters have been removed and replaced with annoying kids.. hm..

#38 Posted by Habast (90 posts) -

I'm a fellow Raphael player. Good choice, sir! :)

Yoshimitsu, Talim, and Siegfried are some of my other favorites. Can't wait to try them out (barring Talim most likely, sad face) in the new game.

#39 Posted by TechHits (1353 posts) -

@Sauson said:

wow, that's so weird same here.

#40 Posted by bladehunter (10 posts) -

I like using siegfried/ knighmare..... i like looking at ivy.... that is all

#41 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

@IBurningStar: Same here. Also the guy with the nunchucks is pretty awesome too.

#42 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

Astaroth > Ivy > Mitsurugi

#43 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

@TiE23 said:

Apparently not. Seems surprising to me, since I thought of her as a fairly important character. But that might come from being stuck in the past with SCII.

I'll miss her fighting style for sure. Though there are still a couple of empty slots in the character screen ... ... ...

Yeah. Probably DLC.

#44 Posted by fetchfox (1158 posts) -

Heihachi Mishima! Oh, wait... Beyond SC II though, Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugi are my go to characters.

#45 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

@TechHits said:

@Sauson said:

wow, that's so weird same here.

You have good tastes sir. Also both of them are not in SCV, what the hell is that shit!?

#46 Posted by TechHits (1353 posts) -

@Sauson: It's a shame, but hey if the custom character mode is good enough you can just force that shit.

#47 Posted by Neurotic (631 posts) -

Xianghua. I got really good with her (haven't played in a while though) but she's not in V so I hope her daughter or whatever she is plays the same way.

#48 Posted by Macksujin (18 posts) -

I main Kilik but also like to bust out Mitsurugi, Xianghua and Maxi for lolz

#49 Posted by supamon (1325 posts) -

Voldo and Raphael. Love Voldo's eccentric gameplay that throws people off and Raphael's mind game tactics.

#50 Posted by CaptainCharisma (338 posts) -

Talim and Yun Seong were my favorites. They're the only reasons I would have picked up the game at launch. In fighting games I always use the person who is the most effective kicker. Don't know why that is but I love me some kicks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.