Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Souls

Franchise »

Developed by FromSoftware, these games are third-person action RPGs famous for their punishing difficulty.

Who is your favorite character in the Dark Souls series?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I feel like all good Dark Souls fans have their own personal favorite characters they've interacted with over the course of the series, and it's always interesting to hear exactly why those respective characters stand out.

As for me, I feel pretty trite in saying I pinball between the trio of Solaire, Knight Artorias, and Dragonslayer Ornstein, three of the most obvious and beloved characters from the first game. But, particularly in the case of Artorias and Ornstein, the mythology surrounding these characters has always fascinated me, offering enough intriguing gaps in their individual histories to leave me curious.

Whether because of lore or the simple joy of interaction, who are the characters you always think about when you think about Dark Souls?

(P.S. -- I was set to make this a poll but wow, wow, wow there are a lot of Dark Souls characters.)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a big Stockpile Thomas fan. Dude fucked up big time.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By davidh219

Sieglinde. She's like the only human in Lordran, and certainly the only one there by choice. She can't respawn after she dies, and yet shes stomping all over the place without a damn care, handling herself without a problem (after you free her from a golem anyway), and looking for her bumbling father who, despite being undead, has to constantly be helped out by you. She's fucking awesome. Don't get me wrong, Siegmeyer is a likable awesome dude who's probably a close second, but his daughter kicks major ass.

Laurentius is also a fucking stand up dude. Very much a, "too good for this world, too pure" type character.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a real soft spot for Ostrava. Having to defeat his black phantom was areally nice touch.

Siegmeyer is also really good. I really like both of the ways his story can play out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I have a real soft spot for Ostrava. Having to defeat his black phantom was areally nice touch.

Siegmeyer is also really good. I really like both of the ways his story can play out.

Ditto on Ostrava. Guy just wanted to help..

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like a lot of the characters, but my gut reaction is Patches. Fuck that guy.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By paulmako

Lucatiel of Mirah.

Really cool character, cool gear, fun to summon and had a kind of tragic storyline. Easily my favourite

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like Yhorm for the shit he put up with in the name of leadership. And he has a transformer face for no reason. He's my favourite accidental Hitler.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant dad

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solaire's definitely my #1, but I also really liked Greirat. His voice acting is just so good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6
    deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorites are easily artorias and sif. There was so much lore build up to him before you get the opportunity to finally fight him. The sif fight was great too, I was underleveled the first time I went against him and it was infuriating but after I got him to low health and he was limping around I felt like shit. Finding puppy sif surrounded by the dark spirits and him only being protected by artorias's greatshield was also a really cool moment.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sellsword Luet

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marco724: Agreed but I sort of skew towards Sif. I like to think about what adventures they've had, battles they've won and I wonder how Sif fit into it. One of the interesting things in the souls games is that White animals/beasts and in some cases Demons have been found in instances where they are fighting things from the abyss and it's encroachment. Like they have their own agenda and in Sif's case he seems like he joined up with Artorias specifically to fight the abyss and the spread of the Dark soul.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

The Souls games are chock-full of quirky and likable characters. Since he hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll shout out Gough. He's big, old, slow, blind, and a total badass. He unassumingly sits on a locked-up ancient tower endlessly carving the world's supply of those obnoxious/hilarious speaking stone trinkets. I like to think that after living through so much, he's developed a certain resigned sense of humor about life in Dark Souls.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like the Siegmeyer/Sieglinde characters from Dark Souls. If you get all the dialogs it's a real touching bit of storytelling in a game that doesn't do that all that often. Sieglinde secretly the most badass character in all of Dark Souls - the original no death run.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've got to use my head. And think. Hmm... Mmm...

Probably Mephistopheles. For those that never found her in Demon's Souls, she is one wicked woman. Who wants you to kill every NPC in the game. And then tries to kill you once you have.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Big. Hat. Logan.

Seriously though I don't know what any characters in Dark Souls are actually up to despite playing all the games. The story parts just don't get through to me. I like the Crow lady in Bloodborne too if that game counts.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snugly.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@savage: Gough is so good. I kept thinking about him during Dark Souls 3. "At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia." I felt like that summed up the entire spirit behind that game.

For people that only show up momentarily, I think Crossbreed Priscilla is wonderfully pleasant and fantastical. The young prince Lothric also makes an incredible impression. He's only got one scene and they use it to the fullest. It's the opposite with Gough. That guy will talk at you forever if you let him.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Patches the spider. (IT COUNTS!!)

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That one guy who stares off into the distance and rambles about the ending of the world as we know it.

Oh...wait...

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maiden in black. She keeps the candles lit.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I have lots of answers...

• Gavlan for being so damn silly.
    • Marvelous Chester! Dude is basically bloodborne before bloodborne, and he kinda sounds like Tim Curry at times!
    • Also, Simon and Ludwig from the old hunters, both have pretty awesome dialogue.
    Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Siegmeyer, Navlaan, Lautrec, Lucatiel.

Solaire's alright.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By soldierg654342

Probably Maiden Astrea.

Within the context of Demon's Souls story, what they tried to do with her made no sense. But isolated, her's and Garl Vinaland's story is one of my favorite in fiction.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, how could I forget! Domhnall of zena is the best!

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have characters?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.