Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sound Shapes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

A downloadable musical platformer on PlayStation 3, 4 and Vita, from the creator of Everyday Shooter.

Death Mode

Avatar image for dropkickpikachu
    dropkickpikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dropkickpikachu

Death Mode is hard as balls, son.

I'm currently hitting a plateau at Thermogenica Death Mode #2. It's seeming almost impossible to complete this one in enough time, even if you jump perfectly from tower to tower without stopping and get lucky avoiding the electricity.

I wouldn't be so pissed off at this mode if it didn't randomly generate where the coins appear. This makes it so that it's possible for the coins to always appear as far away as possible from each other. This has made some death mode levels literally impossible to complete if you have shitty luck with how the coins get placed. This is an awful design decision, and it has made me rely on getting lucky coin placements to complete some of the levels.

I want to platinum this game so bad though.

Any of you have any advice for this or other Death Mode levels?

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By beepmachine

The random coin placement is a bitch because, as you said, in some instances it just won't be possible to get enough notes in time. My only advice for that stage (if it's the one I'm thinking of, with the four electrified beams sticking up out of the lava - I probably died 200 times there) is to always be holding down the R button. It doesn't seem like you'll jump any faster at first but it helps, trust me. Holding down R will let you get some momentum and you'll be able to time your jump press for exactly when you land. You have to always be jumping to a beam, and you can't afford even one erroneous jump. As soon as you hit a note pay attention to where the next one it and immediately go for it. I found that when I held down R and was jumping very fast I didn't have to worry about being electrified nearly as much.

dropkickpikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dropkickpikachu

Yeah I finally, finally beat that one. That one especially is contingent on the notes not being placed in fucked up terrible places. If I got 3 or 4 in a row that were on opposite ends of the stage, I would just suicide because at that point it is impossible to continue. It's disappointing that they designed it that way, because now when I do end up completing a death mode trophy I don't feel nearly as accomplished because I know I couldn't have done it without the random notes being in my favor. It takes away some of the prestige of pulling off such hard levels.

I got on a roll after that level and now the only 3 death mode trophies I have left are for the Beck stages. I hope they aren't too hard. I beat the final deadmau5 one on my first try. B-)

dropkickpikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dropkickpikachu

Woooo! I did it! Platinum!

No Caption Provided
    fluxbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By fluxbit

@dropkickpikachu: I'm impressed; nice job!

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MiniPato

Damn you're right. I though the frog one was the hardest, but fuck Thermowhatever it is. The random note placement is really unfair especially when the time limit doesn't even have leeway for if the notes get placed in fucked up places..

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By spankingaddict

Got the platinum , too . It's easier than it looks , but still challenging . The death mode was tons of fun except for a few , and when you beat em you feel awesome about it :D It's a great feeling .

I really didn't enjoy the School beat trophies. I didn't really understand it , so looked it up and copied peep's screenshots. It only takes like 15-20 min. Fantastic game .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.