Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sound Shapes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

A downloadable musical platformer on PlayStation 3, 4 and Vita, from the creator of Everyday Shooter.

The GB Community Levels Thread!

• 82 results
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Sooperspy

So, Sound Shapes came out today and I've been playing it for just a few hours and I must say that I love it. The art style is fantastic and soundtrack is great. I've played a bit of the campaign, so I had some of the objects to use in the editor. This is when I decided to make a quick little level. My first level is called Star Potion (Just two words jumbled together, really) and I think it's pretty alright for a first level.

So, GB Community, if you have any levels of your own, come on in here and post the name of your level and your PSN name and I'll add it to this table below! Don't be afraid, c'mon! Don't you want people to play the level of which you put your blood, sweat and tears into making?

GB UsernamePSN UsernameYour Levels!!!!!!
    Redbullet685Rokyracoon68Star Potion, Fire In the Crazy Office, A Journey of Wonder, No Walk In The Park, Inc.
    robcat09robcat09First, Short song, steps, Dots, Dead city
    MGSolid86JMoneyRITSound Cruise
    killacamMosestempA Coming of Age Tale, Alone in the Groovefactory, Easy on the Chili Powder
    CptMorganCAx661xCPT_MORGANThe Shaping of Sounds
    JuxJuxJuxJuxJuxJuxChicken Breakfast, Factory Jelly, Standard Corporate Level
    BinarynovaBinarynovaOne-One - A Mario Tribute
    Lavax_Lava_xEnjoy the Beat, Just Explore
    dennisthemennisfudge_sickleOscillator
    BdubsB_Dubs_CuzSmooth Groove in the Sky
    TheMasterDSTheMastaDSStickerbrush Song, An Escape, Hello Pantheon, Confidenceal
    xtuhcXtuhCSpace Escape, VINALAGA, The Beat Goes On, Flower Fields, In Shape
    BrechtianDinnerTheatreDWHulfordOne Gray Hair
    MuerthozMuerthozBoredom at Work
    BrenderousBrenderousLost Woods Ocaremix
    crunchmonkeycrunchmonkeyDingus Music For Super Ape, Leather Lace Space Race
    fattonyxxlfattonyxxlCorp.

Edit!: And if you could, when you post your level, please find it on the game's site here so I can link it!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By killacam

Give me two years. I'll make the most beautiful level you've ever heard.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By demarcon

Your level was pretty cool

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

@Xtrminatr: Thanks! I put it together in just maybe 15-20 minutes. I just put together another level called Fire In The Crazy Office and that took like an hour - hour and a half. @killacam: So, you probably won't need two years to put together a very beautiful level.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By robcat09

robcat09 - level called 'first'. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

@robcat09: Pretty good level you have there for your first. But on the last screen, the music notes are pretty tough to get to, but that may be by design.

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#7  Edited By mgsolid86

Sound Cruise by JMoneyRIT. It's my first try with just the basic objects unlocked. I've since finished the campaign and unlocked a lot more objects. I'll make some more over the next week.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By robcat09

I made a new one called 'first song' which has more of an emphasis on the music than gameplay.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By turboman

I dabbled with the level creator stuff for a bit... Is there a way to make a specific sound only play once every two loops? Or are we forced to stay within the one loop?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sooperspy

@TurboMan: I'm pretty sure it has to play every loop. That would be cool if they patched in the option to have it play every other loop though.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sooperspy

@MGSolid86: Nice level, I would just say that you should update it and change the color of the background. It's basically impossible to see the platforms you can stick on.

@robcat09: And man! THAT SONG WAS BUMPIN'! Awesome level.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By robcat09

@Redbullet685 said:

@robcat09: And man! THAT SONG WAS BUMPIN'! Awesome level.

Thanks! I'll be working on some more elaborate levels once I'm done with the campaign. I wish you could import your own sounds though! Even just recording straight off the Vita microphone would be pretty cool.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killacam

i made a short one called A Coming of Age Tale, in the process of making an epic now since realizing how the notes work. PSN is mosestemp.

CptMorganCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By CptMorganCA
    JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JuxJuxJux

I just uploaded my first level, check it out!

Level: Chicken Breakfast

Username: JuxJuxJux

PSN: JuxJuxJux

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By robcat09
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

@killacam: Sweet level! Especially liked the last screen. The music was great on the last screen.

@CptMorganCA: Cool level. Liked the amount of challenge. Not too hard, but I died a few times. And the music was bumpin'.

@JuxJuxJux: Really liked this one. Probably the best one screen level I've played so far.

@robcat09: After playing that level, I can conclude that I fucking hate stairs. Couldn't get the jumping quite right, but it was good. Keep doing what you're doing.

CptMorganCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By CptMorganCA

@Redbullet685: Much appreciated!

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JuxJuxJux

- Thanks for the props! I really like the challenge in your levels. Star Potion is my favorite of the three you have uploaded.

I'm going to play everyone else's, make a new level, and report back!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

@JuxJuxJux: Thanks! Already awaiting your next level!

My latest and biggest level should be up later today. I'll update the list of levels when I upload it. Stay on the look out for a level called No Walk In The Park later today!

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#21  Edited By Marino  Staff

@Redbullet685: Bumped this up to a front page promo. Hopefully will get some more people involved.

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JuxJuxJux

Made another! More screens this time. Anyone who is interested, please try Factory Jelly.

Now to try out the rest of the GB community levels.

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JuxJuxJux

@robcat09:

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sooperspy

@Marino: Thanks! Would really like more people to come and share with us their levels. And I know they're out there on the GiantBomb hiding somewhere. They just need to come out and share their levels with us!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killacam

Thanks! I just played fire in the crazy office, it was great! Star Potion is next. Perfectly zany. I just published one called Alone in the Groovefactory.

Thanks for checking it out! And yeah, it's a frustrating one. Imma check out yours after I eat. I can't/won't stop playing this game.

Binarynova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Binarynova

Hey guys. As per Vinny's Law I have made a Mario 1-1 tribute. I know there was the single-screen level, but I wanted to do a bit more. I think mine is about nine screens.

Level: One-One - A Mario Tribute

PSN: Binarynova

And once I finish dinner, I'll hop on my PS3 and check out some of the levels you've all posted.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By robcat09
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sooperspy

My newest level, No Walk In The Park has now been published! Go check it out! Some feedback would be appreciated, and a heart if you like it of course!

I'll check out the rest of the levels you guys have made and give my impressions in a bit!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sooperspy

@JuxJuxJux: Again, really fucking great level. Just keep it going and make more already!

@robcat09: 'Dots" was pretty good. Again, the jumping between dots was kinda iffy, but it had a good beat and liked the level design. "dead city" was good too. Liked the music again and it was a good challenge.

@Binarynova: Pretty good recreation of 1-1, much better than the level in the QL. And the music was good, too!

@killacam: Really nice! Loved the ambiance in some of the screens. The music was bumpin'. And the level design was really good, too.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Lava

PSN: x_Lava_x

Levels: Enjoy the Beat, and Just Explore

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JuxJuxJux

"No Walk In The Park:" Man, this is fantastic! Love the variations in the screens, and absolutely love the more puzzle-ish screens you made. The one with the lazer eyes guy is really well done!

@robcat09:

"Dead city:" I REALLY like this one. Fantastic music! What samples did you use?

"Dots:" Another great track. Last screen had the right amount of challenge for me, nice job!

-

I'm genuintly impressed by the levels that you guys are making. It's great inspriation to get back in and make more levels! Keep posting!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sooperspy

@JuxJuxJux: Thanks a lot! Spent all of yesterday doing that level. It's definitely my most ambitious level to date. And it went through quite a bit of changes. I think it came out great in the end though.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By killacam

@Redbullet685 said:

@JuxJuxJux: Thanks a lot! Spent all of yesterday doing that level. It's definitely my most ambitious level to date. And it went through quite a bit of changes. I think it came out great in the end though.

Yeah, really fun one. Especially the moment where you have to ride the underneath of the yellow bug thing in order to pass the red monster head at the top of the screen. Requires some quick thinking. That screen with all the dudes shooting vertical lasers kills me.

Thanks for checking it out. Loving the confined spaces in your levels, and the way you build rhythms and melodies. Definitely gives me some ideas.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sooperspy

@killacam: I made that screen the screenshot for that reason. It just looks so damn cool. (By the way, whatever screen you save you level on is what will be the screenshot)

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By killacam

@Redbullet685 said:

@killacam: I made that screen the screenshot for that reason. It just looks so damn cool. (By the way, whatever screen you save you level on is what will be the screenshot)

ah i was hoping you could change that.. i wonder if re-publishing will just save over the previously published version..

Binarynova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Binarynova

Re-publishing seems to work fine. I decided to add "Mario" to the title of mine. The "publish" button changed to update, it makes you play through your level again, and then it updates and keeps your stats. :)

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By killacam

@Binarynova said:

Re-publishing seems to work fine. I decided to add "Mario" to the title of mine. The "publish" button changed to update, it makes you play through your level again, and then it updates and keeps your stats. :)

yeah nice, just did it! PS, you nailed the essence of 1-1. I missed a bunch of notes though.. tell me it's because i didn't jump over the castle. because that would be super cool.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sooperspy

@killacam: Just updated the vertical lasers screen in No Walk In The Park! It really looks cooler than before.

And I also found a level called ima wzrd & that s is fd up. So, whoever you are that made this, I'm guessing you're on Giantbomb somewhere. Come on down to The GB Community Levels Thread!

Binarynova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Binarynova

@killacam said:

@Binarynova said:

yeah nice, just did it! PS, you nailed the essence of 1-1. I missed a bunch of notes though.. tell me it's because i didn't jump over the castle. because that would be super cool.

Thank you! I was really going for more of the feeling of 1-1, and less of a literal copy. Glad you enjoyed it! And thank you to others who commented on it! :D

I will say that the notes are not behind the castle. Keep exploring though! If you're still stumped my post above has a screen-cap of the area where the other notes are (it's off the beaten path). :)

@Redbullet685 said:

@killacam: Just updated the vertical lasers screen in No Walk In The Park! It really looks cooler than before.

And I also found a level called ima wzrd & that s is fd up. So, whoever you are that made this, I'm guessing you're on Giantbomb somewhere. Come on down to The GB Community Levels Thread!

Oh you changed it? I may have to go play through it again. :) I really enjoyed No Walk In The Park.

I played through several levels by other people. I forget details right now, but everyone is doing a great job!

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seaborgium

I don't have this game so I don't know what the editor's like (only what I saw from the quick look), but to get around the one-loop restriction, would it be possible to reduce the tempo by a lot (so instead of looping every few seconds, a loop might be half a minute long), and then disable snap-to-grid so that you can place notes at a much finer scale? So, for example, you could make it half as fast, and then place notes either on the grid, or halfway between grid spots. Then you could make much longer, more complex pieces. Would that work?

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JuxJuxJux

@Seaborgium: The lowest the tempo can go is 75 BPM, and you can't disable snapping for notes. I'm not exactly sure what you mean about one-loop restrictions, but all sounds keep playing up to three screens away (in all directions) once initiated. That didn't seem like a lot to me at first, but you can get some pretty long levels only placing coins once if you that's what you wanted to do. Also, coins can be layered on top of each other. Since coins are a variety of types of sounds (octave notes, samples, etc.), there's a lot of variety with what's offered (especially for $15).

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JuxJuxJux

Forgot to add my new level to my last post. It's called Standard Corporate Level. Give it a try, and let me know what you think! Thanks!

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Seaborgium

@JuxJuxJux: I mean that you can't say "play this note every 2nd bar" or anything like that, correct? So, no matter what you come up with, it will play for a few seconds, and then repeat. For example, in the quick look around 17:20, the Mario level was only able to play a few seconds of the theme, that is, up to about 0:02 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnipB_8Br8U. What I was wondering is, is it possible to make a level in which, by the time you got to the end, you could sit for three minutes, and the entire theme would play, beginning to end?

Jeff mentioned that you could make a level in which that happens because every new screen removes the last notes, and has the next few seconds of audio on it, but if the player doesn't collect notes "on beat," the audio would become desynced. It may be possible if, for example, you have a system of elevators and cannons and such rocketing the player through the level automatically.

Binarynova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Binarynova

There is not a way in which you can listen to a level's entire theme in one sitting, unless you're ok with only having 16 bars. Every third screen you lose a 16 bar layer of music unless you place those notes additional times in later screens. I do this a bit in my Mario level. One of the reasons I did my Mario level in fact. I offset notes across multiple screens to make the 'hook' appear closer to the end, as something to look forward to. The underground section though, contains all the hook's notes in one stage, because I wanted those notes to be silent when you go back to the overworld. When you play my Mario level, know that the (collected) notes you hear playing at any given time are quite deliberate.

Now, I could have set up another sequence of screens that focused on the next part of the melody. Then that section of the melody would repeat until the player advanced three screens away from it. But you'd have to either walk back to the first set of screens or set up new screens to hear the first part again.

As for the comments in the QL about collecting notes... if they are notes you collect, they will always play on beat. Sounds generated from objects in the level also will generally play on beat (like the giant gears for example), unless it's obvious they won't (like the platforms that make sound when colliding with objects/each other).

And now I fear that my attempts to explain the system have probably muddied it up. *lol*

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JuxJuxJux

I don't think what you're trying to do would be possible, unfortunately. Like I said in my previous post, you can get sounds to play up to three screens away in all directions, from where they originated. Up, down, left, right. Not sure about diagonal. So there are limitations there, but you can also use clever level layouts to keep the same music playing over and over. I'm not completely versed in how the editor works, and all of its limitations. I'm sure that will come with time. Also, just FYI, collecting notes causes the sound to play on a pre-determined 16 track scale, so they'll always play properly once collected (even if it wasn't on beat). Hope some of this helps.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By beepmachine

Just finished my first level. Hope you guys like it!

Level Name: Oscillator

PSN: fudge_sickle

GB User: dennisthemennis

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JuxJuxJux

"Oscillator:" Impressive first level! Definitely a good amount of challenge in this one, and I really like the track you've got floating around in there. Keep making more!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sooperspy

@dennisthemennis: Great first try at a level. Good beat and the challenge was just right.

@JuxJuxJux: God dammit. I don't know how you keep busting out these amazing levels so fast. Great amount of detail and a good challenge. Oh and of course, it sounded good.

Bdubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bdubs

Bdubs

B_Dubs_Cuz

http://www.soundshapesgame.com/level/DnpZFK9W

It's my first level looking for constructive criticism, I wanna hear what you guys think.

I admit I joined just to be a part of a vocal sound shapes community. I love Giant bomb just never joined the site

Bdubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bdubs

I Liked your level "Oscillator too. Good gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.