Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 30, 2012

When the evil Scott Tenorman steals the hard drive to Cartman's Xbox 360, it's up to him and his friends to travel through time to fight his robot Ginger army.

Release date.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge now has a release date: March 30! In case you don't know, it's an action platformer.

From GameInformer -
    THQ and Obsidian are already working on a South Park RPG, but that won’t be the only South Park game hitting consoles this year. Prepare for the revenge of Scott Tenorman.
    Other Ocean Interactive and South Park Digital Studios are working to release a new download-only platformer that let’s fans play as Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as they travel through time and space to battle Scott Tenorman and his army of Ginger robots. The game features over 20 levels of co-op, drop-in/drop-out gameplay.
    South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge hits Xbox Arcade this Friday, March 30 for 800 Microsoft Points.

Link

So, who is getting it?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I'll get simply because me and my friends have a tradition of getting the 4 player South Park games and playing them to completion with 4 player co-op (got 4 player s-rank in the tower defence game). However, I have NO idea what it even is other that a sidescroller haha.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

I have owned every South Park game ever made. This will not be the exception.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@James_Giant_Peach said:

I have owned every South Park game ever made. This will not be the exception.

Every single one?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AngelN7

Wasn't 'Tenorman's revenge' an episode already? I thought this was more akin to that episode when they wore ninja costumes like Costume Quest but with south park.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671
    @AngelN7 said:

Wasn't 'Tenorman's revenge' an episode already? I thought this was more akin to that episode when they wore ninja costumes like Costume Quest but with south park.

I think you're thinking about Obsidian's RPG.  This is a different South Park game.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@AngelN7 said:

The episode was Scott Tenorman Must Die and if you may be thinking of the upcoming South Park RPG like @Spoonman671: said.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By 49th

Scott Tenorman is the guy who was fed his own parents right? I am intrigued.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

If this isn't good it might be bad news for the later Obisidan game.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kindgineer

Fuck, I thought this was the RPG. Looks fun though.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeGosot
    @49th said:

Scott Tenorman is the guy who was fed his own parents right? I am intrigued.

Yep. Best episode of South Park.
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngelN7

@NekuSakuraba: Was that episode when Scott gets his revenge on Cartman? I thought I watched an episode like that maybe I'm wrong can't remember.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@mandude said:

How will they effect each other? Totally different development teams and games.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mandude

@NekuSakuraba said:

@mandude said:

Still the same franchise. The only reason I'm paying attention to the Obsidian game is because it seems to be very distinct from the earlier slew of South Park games. I can imagine that some people who aren't paying as close attention might misconstrue this one as the Obsidian game, and interest will drop.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By rapid

Last time I played a southpark game was the Thankgiving Evil Turkey one on the N64

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@mandude said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@mandude said:

Still the same franchise. The only reason I'm paying attention to the Obsidian game is because it seems to be very distinct from the earlier slew of South Park games. I can imagine that some people who aren't paying as close attention might misconstrue this one as the Obsidian game, and interest will drop.

It's the same license. They have nothing to do with each other in gameplay terms. Most people should be able to notice they are two different games.

lastair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lastair

The RPG has me kind of hyped because of the direct and more fundamental involvement with Parker and Stone. The show itself can be kind of hit-and-miss lately, but each episode is made in only 6 days - any longer-form project that they've been involved with (the South Park movie, Team America, the genius Book of Mormon and for me even stuff like BASEketball) has basically been great.

These spin-offs on the other hand don't really move me in any way. The "southparkness" always seems to run very skin-deep, consisting mostly of fan service in the form of parading around old jokes and characters. I guess plain old familiarity with a setting can make even a simple platformer slightly more attractive, though, and I'm always looking for decent local co-op stuff for my 360. I'll have to play the trial.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mandude

@NekuSakuraba said:

@mandude said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@mandude said:

It's the same license. They have nothing to do with each other in gameplay terms. Most people should be able to notice they are two different games.

They will, but I can imagine that a lot of people would just go "Ah, another South Park game".

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By darkvare
    @lastair: this game was written by trey and matt
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngelN7

@Rapid said:

Last time I played a southpark game was the Thankgiving Evil Turkey one on the N64

Man those Turkeys scared the crap out of my 7 year old self, pee fuled snowballs weren't fast enough.

Distrato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Distrato

If its a platformer I'm not interested.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NekuSakuraba

If any of you got season 15 and got a code, enter it at the south park studios website to get the game for free!

Andy_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Andy_117

The thing that most confuses me about this game is that it's a sequel to "201," an episode that was heavily censored and hasn't been released either in uncensored form or outside of the US at all, not even on DVD. The major plot point from that episode, that Scott Tenorman is Cartman's half-brother, thus Cartman actually killed his own dad when he chopped up Ternorman's parents, is, as far as I know, the basis for this game. It'll be interesting to see if they raise it at all, or if they sidestep it entirely. Either way, this intrigues me, and I was planning to load up with MS points this weekend for Iron Brigade, so I might pick this up. Looks good. Enough.

petervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By petervs

i want it now !!! :)

Fasckira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fasckira

@Andy_117: Aye, the incident is referenced a few times in other episodes though Cartman never seems to link that its his own dad when its mentioned. I haven't seen the episode myself but Ill probably try and get hold of it before playing the game (though I doubt its required viewing to enjoy it).

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cutyoface

I am looking forward to it.

quimstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By quimstyle

Weiner biting ponies, crazy rednecks, cannibals, pubes, little piggy songs, Radiohead, and Cartman licking tears off a man's face. Classic writing that I hope will be reflected in the game. Anyone for an all imitated Radiohead soundtrack where during the song breaks they call Scott a "crybaby pussy"?

evanomeara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evanomeara

From what the guys were talking around(embargoed) on the bombcast and Shipwreck from the cagcast, it doesn't sound promising at all.

Any idea if it is supposed to be any good or not

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I just played the trial and it's pretty mediocre. It's definitely your run of the mill platforming game. Having said that the story and references to the show are great! I'm still going to get it.

Fasckira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fasckira

Just found this, may have seen it but for the benefit of those who haven't:

I love the fact that you can play as Professor Chaos and the Coon as well. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.