Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

German duder needs the help of a fellow gamer :)

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So, heres the thing ... I would like to check out the game but being a german I can't because they just announced the game will A: be cut and B: come out over here ... sometime. In the past I made good experiences with people gifting me games out of the UK, so what I ask is if there is someone with a paypal account that would be willing to gift me the game after I send the money.

In case it doesn't work out for some reason I am willing to take the hit if there is no way to refund the money to me. OC this is a trust thing on both sides (a little more on my part :) ), but knowing this community I feel comfortable with that :)

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By joshwent

@2headedninja: There are other Euro people here who could probably help you find a way to get an uncensored copy yourself. Calling @darji!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joshwent said:

@2headedninja: There are other Euro people here who could probably help you find a way to get an uncensored copy yourself. Calling @darji!

I bought my PC version from Amazon.com. via credit card. However if you want to play it now on the PC you need a VPN to activate the game. And then you can play in offline mode. However it is against Valve's TOS and they could ban your account. I actually did it and now I stay in offline mode until it gets released here. If I switch back they will just deactivate the game again.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Can't you just buy a North American code from greenmangaming.com?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No you can not. Greenmangaming always gives you a key for your region. You probably can fake it via VPN but that could be fraud so I would not suggest that.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@darji said:

@crusader8463 said:

No you can not. Greenmangaming always gives you a key for your region. You probably can fake it via VPN but that could be fraud so I would not suggest that.

I see. I just often times found myself on pages on their site indicating that I would be buying a European code for a game despite being in Canada so I just assumed it was something they did.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, well ... thanks everyone ... I did get my hands on a code for the game but as expected it didn't work out :) ... now I have a key I can't use in germany ... anyone interested? ;)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darji

@2headedninja said:

Ah, well ... thanks everyone ... I did get my hands on a code for the game but as expected it didn't work out :) ... now I have a key I can't use in germany ... anyone interested? ;)

you can just use a VPN like Hola.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I know ... but tbh, I am kinda scared I might get my account banned. Maybe I'll try it ... id be perfectly fine with giving the key to a duder though.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rickyyo

The VPN issue is only really enforced for people trying to exploit game deals (scamming out money cause your region isn't offering a discount type thing). I forgot what game it was but I had done the VPN trick to unlock it early. A game I paid full price for. I am pretty sure that is why they have that in there Terms of Service. I wouldn't worry about doing that.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darji

@rickyyo said:

The VPN issue is only really enforced for people trying to exploit game deals (scamming out money cause your region isn't offering a discount type thing). I forgot what game it was but I had done the VPN trick to unlock it early. A game I paid full price for. I am pretty sure that is why they have that in there Terms of Service. I wouldn't worry about doing that.

The TOS said explicit that every measure to bypass any regional differences which also includes censorship is a bannable offense. However: No one I know or heard of was banned yet because of this. I actually did it now the first time since I just do not want to wait for a few weeks more to play my paid for US version. So I hope I am not unlucky XD

Also I will now stay in offline mode until the game gets either released here or I beat it and delete it before^^

Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Supes

MMOGA are selling "uncut" keys but I imagine you need to use a vpn to at least activate it, I am not really sure, also it is a little cheaper than buying direct from Steam.

As for VPN stuff, I have used it to play a good few games early and have had no issues so far, going back a good while now.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Ummm, still have that key?

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I buy a South Park key, and gift it to someone in Germany, do they get to use it? I think keys are region locked right? Otherwise I wouldn't mind helping out a fellow duder.

Scofthe7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I might be ignorant on this, but can't you just by the DVD version from US amazon.com? Or ebay?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.