How 2 Get Past First Gate in School w/ Buddy Companion tool?

#1 Posted by logan3 (33 posts) -

(PC Version) I'm at the first gate where it tells me that, "Bypassing some obstacles requires help from your companions. Tap Q until the Buddy Command tool is selected." I tap Q and scroll to the Buddy Command tool on the lower-left, but after that nothing happens. It doesn't highlight the tool, highlight the mob, work with either companion, or tell me what do to after I've selected the command. All the other doors in the school appear locked, so I'm guessing I have to get around this somehow. It might be bugged for me, I'm not sure.

#2 Posted by XCEagle (119 posts) -

Make sure you have Kenny as your buddy and not Butters, then you hit F just like you're firing an arrow and select the kid. Took me awhile to figure that out too.

#3 Edited by logan3 (33 posts) -

Thank-you, it worked. Also I had to be in the right spot to target with F.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.