Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

How buggy/glitchy is this game on the PS3?

alevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By alevan

Hey guys, really considering getting this game but I'm having doubts because some reviewers are saying the game is so buggy it's almost unplayable. Although I've heard the complete opposite from others like Alex's review (I think he played the PC ver tho).

Anyone have any thoughts on the PS3 version specifically? If it's The Walking Dead or Borderlands 2 bad I don't think I can stomach it.

Wakkadude21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Wakkadude21

Well, I have been playing it all night. All of the rocks in a certain area had blue shit all over them for no reason. And about five minutes ago, I noticed it wouldn't let me save, so I quit and started it back up, and I had gone from level 5 to level 2, and all of the sidequests I had done haven't happened.

I'm pretty goddamned angry. Maybe wait a bit.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines

So, it's an Obsidian game.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've been playing for about 5 hours now, and only encountered one bug so far (text got all messed up and replaced by weird symbols), but reloading a checkpoint fixed it immediately.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cloudymusic

@wakkadude21 said:

Well, I have been playing it all night. All of the rocks in a certain area had blue shit all over them for no reason. And about five minutes ago, I noticed it wouldn't let me save, so I quit and started it back up, and I had gone from level 5 to level 2, and all of the sidequests I had done haven't happened.

So, maybe make some periodic backups of my save files, is what I'm hearing.

Avatar image for splatteredbloodsouls
    splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is it Battlefield 4 broken? After Battlefield 4 I think this games glitches won't register no matter how bad they are. Lol.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No bugs here

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Obsidian just knows how to break games.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aviar

I had one glitch so far after downloading the update, the game said the update was corrupt. I had to delete the update and re-download it then everything was fine. The patch is only 14mb in size so it wasn't bad, and the game has played fine since then.

Haven't had that happen before in a PS3 game though, so not sure if this is something others have experienced or not.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bunnymud

About 3 hours in and zero glitches.

Edit: Made it to the next day and still no hiccups

Vladd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vladd

About 2-3 hours in, no bugs or glitches of any sort.
    Some frame rate issues though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

After about 2 hours, the only issues I've had are some serious framerate drops.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By stonyman65

I'm playing on the PC and I've had 2 scripting bugs that required my to reload from a previous checkpoint and I've also had a random graphical glitch that causes characters to turn invisible against white backgrounds like when you go close to a house (everything besides the hair, eyes, and whatever they are wearing). That has been happening continuously for the 4 or so hours I've play just exploring around.

My point being, every version seems to have some weird bugs (it IS and Obsidian game afterall). From what I have read it looks like the PC version seems to be working a bit better than the console versions but there is still some weird random shit in there. Hopefully that will get patched soon. I've haven't noticed or read about anything serious though. No crashes or save eating or anything like that.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played around six hours and other than the framerate dropping here and there I haven't had any problems.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So far, I have been playing for several hours, and there hasn't been anything eye-poping that let me believe the game is more glitched than the average.

There is one issue though, and its that story trophies has not popup yet. I am in the school dungeon helping a kid bust out detention, yet the first trophies ("join the KKK" and "spend a day in South Park") has still not appeared. Is this a glitch or is just that I am misreading the descriptions?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

@hermes: I don't think you're quite far enough to get those trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.