How buggy/glitchy is this game on the PS3?

#1 Edited by alevan (34 posts) -

Hey guys, really considering getting this game but I'm having doubts because some reviewers are saying the game is so buggy it's almost unplayable. Although I've heard the complete opposite from others like Alex's review (I think he played the PC ver tho).

Anyone have any thoughts on the PS3 version specifically? If it's The Walking Dead or Borderlands 2 bad I don't think I can stomach it.

#2 Edited by Wakkadude21 (4 posts) -

Well, I have been playing it all night. All of the rocks in a certain area had blue shit all over them for no reason. And about five minutes ago, I noticed it wouldn't let me save, so I quit and started it back up, and I had gone from level 5 to level 2, and all of the sidequests I had done haven't happened.

I'm pretty goddamned angry. Maybe wait a bit.

#3 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2191 posts) -

So, it's an Obsidian game.

#4 Posted by Sessh (878 posts) -

I've been playing for about 5 hours now, and only encountered one bug so far (text got all messed up and replaced by weird symbols), but reloading a checkpoint fixed it immediately.

#5 Edited by cloudymusic (1182 posts) -

@wakkadude21 said:

Well, I have been playing it all night. All of the rocks in a certain area had blue shit all over them for no reason. And about five minutes ago, I noticed it wouldn't let me save, so I quit and started it back up, and I had gone from level 5 to level 2, and all of the sidequests I had done haven't happened.

So, maybe make some periodic backups of my save files, is what I'm hearing.

#6 Posted by splatteredbloodsouls (43 posts) -

Is it Battlefield 4 broken? After Battlefield 4 I think this games glitches won't register no matter how bad they are. Lol.

#7 Posted by Krullban (1051 posts) -

No bugs here

#8 Posted by TheHBK (5510 posts) -

Obsidian just knows how to break games.

#9 Edited by Aviar (446 posts) -

I had one glitch so far after downloading the update, the game said the update was corrupt. I had to delete the update and re-download it then everything was fine. The patch is only 14mb in size so it wasn't bad, and the game has played fine since then.

Haven't had that happen before in a PS3 game though, so not sure if this is something others have experienced or not.

#10 Edited by bunnymud (717 posts) -

About 3 hours in and zero glitches.

Edit: Made it to the next day and still no hiccups

#11 Edited by Vladd (53 posts) -

About 2-3 hours in, no bugs or glitches of any sort.
Some frame rate issues though.

#12 Edited by MattyFTM (14420 posts) -

After about 2 hours, the only issues I've had are some serious framerate drops.

#13 Posted by XChairmanDrekX (301 posts) -

Played through the whole thing on PS3. Was overall pretty good, only crashed once, (hey not bad for Obsidian) it get's pretty framey for a couple seconds with autosave when entering a new area. A couple times voices glitched out for certain characters, for example Kyle's voice glitched out in a cut-scene while everyone else was fine... which was certainly strange.

Nothing too bad though, certainly very playable all the way through.

#14 Edited by Stonyman65 (2767 posts) -

I'm playing on the PC and I've had 2 scripting bugs that required my to reload from a previous checkpoint and I've also had a random graphical glitch that causes characters to turn invisible against white backgrounds like when you go close to a house (everything besides the hair, eyes, and whatever they are wearing). That has been happening continuously for the 4 or so hours I've play just exploring around.

My point being, every version seems to have some weird bugs (it IS and Obsidian game afterall). From what I have read it looks like the PC version seems to be working a bit better than the console versions but there is still some weird random shit in there. Hopefully that will get patched soon. I've haven't noticed or read about anything serious though. No crashes or save eating or anything like that.

#15 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -

I've played around six hours and other than the framerate dropping here and there I haven't had any problems.

#16 Posted by hermes (1546 posts) -

So far, I have been playing for several hours, and there hasn't been anything eye-poping that let me believe the game is more glitched than the average.

There is one issue though, and its that story trophies has not popup yet. I am in the school dungeon helping a kid bust out detention, yet the first trophies ("join the KKK" and "spend a day in South Park") has still not appeared. Is this a glitch or is just that I am misreading the descriptions?

#17 Edited by Chaser324 (6662 posts) -

@hermes: I don't think you're quite far enough to get those trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.