Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

This game is making me rage right now.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

I am stuck on this stupid (and not particularly funny) abortion mini game. The second part I've done like 15 times, spinning the left stick and it's not working. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Maybe you're spinning it in the wrong direction- but I can only guess. I didn't have any problems with it.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't remember having to do any spinning in that mini-game. It was pushing the stick left to right as far as I can remember.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The abortion mini-games were just moving the stick left and right? I don't remember any spinning.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally found a walkthrough for the 360 version, you have to spin the stick as fast as you can, I found a number of threads with people having the exact same issue. The worst part is that it literally gives you no direction as to what you're doing wrong. This who section of the game has honestly been rough and not so fun.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Had the same problem and it seems to happen because of how the PC take input (if you're playing on PC).

Basically, unplug your controller and do the minigame on the keyboard. That fixed it for me.

If you're not playing on PC, I dunno.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I believe you have to spin it counter-clockwise. That's what worked for me. I just put my palm on the stick and do the "wax on, wax off" motion.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hmm. I played on the PC with no issues. And with a Dualshock 4, no less! I guess I got lucky.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@big_jon said:

I finally found a walkthrough for the 360 version, you have to spin the stick as fast as you can, I found a number of threads with people having the exact same issue. The worst part is that it literally gives you no direction as to what you're doing wrong. This who section of the game has honestly been rough and not so fun.

That really sucks, because on the keyboard it takes you like 4 seconds to finish the entire operation. Glad you worked it out, don't make Stick of Truth anger you it should bring you laughter!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just wanted to say: FUCK THE QTEs in this game. They are probably the worst since Indigo Prophesy (which will surely never be surpassed). For a game that seems to "get it" in so many areas, and pokes fun at games, it has the worst QTEs.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nightriff

A lot of the tutorials are fucking garbage in this game, I spent about 20 minutes on the farting tutorial with Randy and just hearing the same dialogue over...and over...and over where I just wanted to say, I don't get what the fuck you are trying to tell me assholes. Then spent another 10 minutes trying to get past the guards at the "Taco Bell" using the new move I "learned."

The QTEs haven't been too bad for me but the farting mechanics are absolute garbage and not that funny either, probably the most disappointing thing about the game currently.

EDIT: Just did the Abortion Clinic....my god that is the worst designed thing in the game, only fuck! And the fact that I had to reload to a save where it didn't keep me in the same clothes or what changes I did to my equipment....Jesus that is just awful.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Nezza

@nightriff: Oh thank god it wasn't just me that sat there getting more and more annoyed with that 'tutorial'.

Now I come to think about it, I found the tutorials harder than any part of the actual game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.