This game is making me rage right now.

#1 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I am stuck on this stupid (and not particularly funny) abortion mini game. The second part I've done like 15 times, spinning the left stick and it's not working. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

#2 Posted by CornBREDX (4783 posts) -

Maybe you're spinning it in the wrong direction- but I can only guess. I didn't have any problems with it.

#3 Posted by DwigtK (134 posts) -

I don't remember having to do any spinning in that mini-game. It was pushing the stick left to right as far as I can remember.

#4 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

The abortion mini-games were just moving the stick left and right? I don't remember any spinning.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I finally found a walkthrough for the 360 version, you have to spin the stick as fast as you can, I found a number of threads with people having the exact same issue. The worst part is that it literally gives you no direction as to what you're doing wrong. This who section of the game has honestly been rough and not so fun.

#6 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (387 posts) -

Had the same problem and it seems to happen because of how the PC take input (if you're playing on PC).

Basically, unplug your controller and do the minigame on the keyboard. That fixed it for me.

If you're not playing on PC, I dunno.

#7 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

I believe you have to spin it counter-clockwise. That's what worked for me. I just put my palm on the stick and do the "wax on, wax off" motion.

#8 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Hmm. I played on the PC with no issues. And with a Dualshock 4, no less! I guess I got lucky.

#9 Posted by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

@big_jon said:

I finally found a walkthrough for the 360 version, you have to spin the stick as fast as you can, I found a number of threads with people having the exact same issue. The worst part is that it literally gives you no direction as to what you're doing wrong. This who section of the game has honestly been rough and not so fun.

That really sucks, because on the keyboard it takes you like 4 seconds to finish the entire operation. Glad you worked it out, don't make Stick of Truth anger you it should bring you laughter!

#10 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3733 posts) -

I just wanted to say: FUCK THE QTEs in this game. They are probably the worst since Indigo Prophesy (which will surely never be surpassed). For a game that seems to "get it" in so many areas, and pokes fun at games, it has the worst QTEs.

#11 Edited by Nightriff (4910 posts) -

A lot of the tutorials are fucking garbage in this game, I spent about 20 minutes on the farting tutorial with Randy and just hearing the same dialogue over...and over...and over where I just wanted to say, I don't get what the fuck you are trying to tell me assholes. Then spent another 10 minutes trying to get past the guards at the "Taco Bell" using the new move I "learned."

The QTEs haven't been too bad for me but the farting mechanics are absolute garbage and not that funny either, probably the most disappointing thing about the game currently.

EDIT: Just did the Abortion Clinic....my god that is the worst designed thing in the game, only fuck! And the fact that I had to reload to a save where it didn't keep me in the same clothes or what changes I did to my equipment....Jesus that is just awful.

#12 Edited by Nezza (333 posts) -

@nightriff: Oh thank god it wasn't just me that sat there getting more and more annoyed with that 'tutorial'.

Now I come to think about it, I found the tutorials harder than any part of the actual game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.