Thoughts on the game, what do you want to see?

#1 Edited by fetchfox (1361 posts) -

After reading through some of the news released about the game on Gameinformer, it's quickly becoming one of my most anticipated games of 2012. Gameinformer - South Park

I've been a big fan of South Park since the beginning, even though I was way to young to watch it (when it first started). So to think that the entire universe of South Park will be made into an (hopefully) awesome RPG is mindblowingly incredible. I hope I'm not the only one on GB that's exited for this games potential. And judging from the material released, it's good.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I saw some screenshots of it, and I have no idea how it'll play. I'll wait for a gameplay video before I say anything.

#3 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I want to kill Kenny in it

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Let's hope that Obsidian doesn't fuck it up.

#5 Posted by Mikemcn (7018 posts) -

I want Canadians to be a playable race.

#6 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

Style wise, seems like they nailed it... it looks like the show. Hopefully the writing is good. For some reason i imagine the combat being a kin to FF6. And I hope Cartman leaves the party at some point and makes a heel turn.

For some reason I really want it to be like FF6. Don't ask why.

#7 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I keep forgetting about this somehow, despite the fact that it may end up being one of my favorite games of all time. I have pretty high hopes. All I want to see is a game that seamlessly blends South Park and good RPGing. I know that's vague, but I have an idea in my head of what I want it to be and it looks like that may come fairly true.

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Obsidian should not be wasting their time with this garbage and be making Alpha Protocol 2 god dammit 
Sadly I know AP2 will ever exist

#9 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

Obsidian should not be wasting their time with this garbage and be making Alpha Protocol 2 literally anything else god dammit

Fixed! but yeah, this game is totally not what I want out of obsidian :( like a good game

#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@kingzetta said:

Obsidian should not be wasting their time with this garbage and be making Alpha Protocol 2 literally anything else god dammit

Fixed! but yeah, this game is totally not what I want out of obsidian :( like a good game

well not anything because then we'll get dungeon siege 4
#11 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Animasta said:

@kingzetta said:

well not anything because then we'll get dungeon siege 4

considering how well it was received, I doubt that

#12 Posted by Morningstar (2239 posts) -

Kinda lost faith in obsidian as their games seems to be either buggy(fallout new vegas) or boring (dungeon siege 3). South park isnt what I would want from an rpg either, but hopefully it will be a positive surprise ^^

#13 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

I want it not to suck.

#14 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I don't even like South Park to be entirely honest but given that the comparisons currently peg the combat as being similar to the timing based stuff of Mario RPGs spark my interest for it. As simple as it can be I really do quite enjoy timing based RPG combat.

#15 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (850 posts) -

I want to see it not flop. Which it probably will.

#16 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

I also want that

#17 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

I want it to be funny and not painful to play.

#18 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

Mecha Striesand and Scott Tenerman as bosses

#19 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

I don't think I'll buy the game but its worth looking into. It might be worth a few laughs. But usually in RPGs I look for a more hardcore mechanic and I don't know if south park can offer such a thing. But I am still giving hopes to the game :)

#20 Posted by McShank (1630 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

^

#21 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

I want them to advertise it well, which they wont.

#22 Posted by act26 (76 posts) -

Fuck all of you, this is going to be amazing!

#23 Posted by LTSmash (659 posts) -

At the very least it seems like it will look exactly like the show.

#24 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

Pretty excited for this. The tower defence south park game was great.

#25 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Robert Smith Summon

I really don't want it to suck. It already looks great, now I just hope it's not a broken mess.

#26 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

If it's an instanced "theme park" mmo like RIFT or The Old Republic then count me out.

#27 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

@rebgav said:

I'd like it to be a finished game in which the mechanics work as intended and more than half of the quest lines aren't either glitchy or broken.

#28 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

@Buzzkill said:

If it's an instanced "theme park" mmo like RIFT or The Old Republic then count me out.

it isn't an mmo

#29 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

I want Snooki to be in it.

#30 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

@Buzzkill said:

it isn't an mmo

Ok just a RPG then? I've only had a glimpse at the game informer cover but it looked pretty badass.

#31 Posted by Cartek (12 posts) -

Since Obsidian is developing it one can only hope that the game won't be a buggy and/or broken mess.

#32 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Cartek said:

Since Obsidian is developing it one can only hope that the game won't be a buggy and/or broken mess.

They do good work, when not forced to release games before they're done.

#33 Posted by Lockeyness (189 posts) -

I've kind of been over South Park for a while now. I'm mostly just interested in seeing what Obsidian can bring to the table as far as story is concerned, which is their major strong point in most of their games. Considering the story is never really a strong point in South Park... I guess color me uninterested? But interested.

#34 Posted by Cartek (12 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Cartek said:

They do good work, when not forced to release games before they're done.

There's always a ton of potential in their games, it's just too bad that it is never fully realised. Alpha Protocol is a great example of this. It could have been so great.... : (

#35 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

@Buzzkill said:

@Toms115 said:

@Buzzkill said:

it isn't an mmo

Ok just a RPG then? I've only had a glimpse at the game informer cover but it looked pretty badass.

yeah, largely single player afaik. looking pretty promising.

#36 Posted by ConfusedOwl (965 posts) -

The game looks very interesting and I find it quite surprising that they're doing a turn based game in an age where the majority of people refuse to enjoy a game unless it's as fast as call of duty. I'll be keeping track of this game and really hope they don't mess it up. It's inevitable that it's going to be a buggy broken mess when it's released but it has potential non the less.

#37 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

With Trey Parker and Matt Stone being big gamers themselves and being actively involved in the development and script writing process, I personally have high hopes for this game. From the screenshots so far, being able to fight gingers and hippies is great and fits into what I expect to see from South Park. I wouldn't doubt if the 5th Graders or Canadians were enemies too. Or...

CRAB PEOPLE! CRAB PEOPLE!

#38 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

I want two things from this: Lemmiwinks and a new release date of "right now".

#39 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

I really hope this is good. Obsidian games always have great dialogue and with them working with Trey/Matt theres real potential here.

#40 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Looks amazing. Been a South Park ever since Season 2 came out, so i'm pretty psyched about this game. Hopefully that you can pick a race to be, like in other RPG's.

#41 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

I have been a long time fan of South Park (despite the drop in quality of recent shows), so I have high hopes for this game. The screenshots look great; someone could tell me that it was the show, and I would believe them. Ultimately, I want to see it in motion and the gameplay before I go too crazy over it. As long as it has copious amounts of Butters, I will be happy. I also hope to see extensive character creation because the South Park style lends itself to a lot of different cosmetic combinations.

#42 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

wow this thing's for real? i'm interested...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.