Where are the next gen versions?

#1 Posted by andrewf87462 (577 posts) -

Just seen the pre-order page appear on Steam for this, and it's currently listed as £39.99, so I thought may as well pay a bit extra and get it for my PS4, but I see no listings for it. Is this not coming out for Next-Gen systems?

#2 Edited by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

Not announced i would not be surprised if they come later in the year (see rayman legends)

#3 Edited by Nightriff (5365 posts) -

Last Gen only currently, probably will eventually be ported over.

#4 Edited by andrewf87462 (577 posts) -

Ah well, fair enough. Not sure I want to wait any longer for a port so i'll just end up getting it on Steam.

#5 Posted by Sammo21 (3566 posts) -

Eh, the game has been delayed at least twice...right? They really haven't had time to work on next gen versions.

#6 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1236 posts) -

Yeah this was meant to come out such a long time ago now that I don't think a next gen version was even on the developers minds. Plus I don't think the next gen versions could be enhanced in any meaningful way given the art assets and gameplay found in this game.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -
@sammo21 said:

Eh, the game has been delayed at least twice...right? They really haven't had time to work on next gen versions.

It's more like three or four times. I'm sure next-gen was never even a consideration in their original development plans.

#8 Edited by Sammo21 (3566 posts) -

Yeah, especially given when people were receiving dev kits; its just like with Dark Souls 2 and other games. Because of how easy it will be to port from PC to PS4 and Xbone I bet we'll see next gen versions announced a year or so after launch so some people buy twice and they also get new gamers. Same with GTA V.

#9 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1937 posts) -

Yeah this was meant to come out such a long time ago now that I don't think a next gen version was even on the developers minds. Plus I don't think the next gen versions could be enhanced in any meaningful way given the art assets and gameplay found in this game.

Exactly what I was thinking. This game is a case where they are able to achieve the complete vision on limited hardware. It already looks exactly like the show, so there is nothing more be done.

#10 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6006 posts) -

They're not currently announced, but I could see them porting it over eventually.

#11 Posted by nick_verissimo (1404 posts) -

I don't wholly think a next-gen version is really necessary. They'd spend far more porting and developing for it than they'd actually make back on those versions; the install base makes sense to only put out for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in my opinion.

#12 Edited by andrewf87462 (577 posts) -

For those saying that they can't improve the game anymore by having it on next gen, I only want it on next gen as I don't have any current gen consoles anymore. It's no big deal for me that as i'll just buy it for the PC as I've said previously.

#13 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

Where are the current gen versions?

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

They should delay it three or four more times, and plop it on next-gen.

#15 Posted by isomeri (1423 posts) -

Even though this game looks great, I don't think that it's technically demanding enough to warrant a next-gen port. I'm happy to play it on my PC and I can't imagine the 360 and PS3 versions looking too bad.

#16 Posted by iceman228433 (617 posts) -

Hell where is the current gen version of it?

#17 Posted by CherryCherry (3 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.