South Park creators have nice gaming tastes...

#1 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

I was watching south park last night when I noticed this. 

If you can't see, Diablo 2, Starcraft: Brood War and Okami are all pictured. 
#2 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

That's cool. 
They also had a World of Warcraft special called: 'Make Love, Not Warcraft.'
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18988 posts) -

That's awesome.        :)                  South Park vs. Okami game coming?

#4 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -

That is pretty cool.

#5 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

south park is one of the best shows

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18988 posts) -

If I remember right, Okami was in the game store on the Guitar Hero episode as well.

#7 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Did someone say Brood War??

#8 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

it has little to do with their tastes and more to do with the characters they were trying to portray. 

#9 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" That's cool. They also had a World of Warcraft special called: 'Make Love, Not Warcraft.' "
that was one of my favorite episodes
#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" it has little to do with their tastes and more to do with the characters they were trying to portray.  "
Huh? How? I can understand Blizzard, maybe, VERY maybe, but how the hell does Okami fit into the picture? The closest I can think is that one of them knows Japanese. Also, remember the ninja episode? Compare to Mortal Kombat.
#11 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

They have both said numerous times they are HUGE game fans. Hence the episodes about Cartman trying to get the Wii by going forth in time and when Kenny has to fend off demons in heaven using a PSP. Listen to their commentaries and they are huge gamers.
#12 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

What episode is this picture from?

#13 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -
@goodwood: The one about Tourette Syndrome
#14 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

They play COD: WaW in a newer episode.

#15 Posted by chrissedoff (2096 posts) -

worst show on tv

#16 Posted by McDom (70 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
Justify.
#17 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
We're not discussing The OC.
#18 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
Not worse than Jersey Shore, therefore your hypothesis is false.
#19 Posted by Kohe321 (3528 posts) -

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are big gamers. :D

#20 Posted by AussieBomb (52 posts) -

Its such a shame that they've never made a decent south park game, but then again what kind of game could you make based on south park? A decent rally game suited for adults I could see that.....oh  wait.......ok um how about a fps where everything is just batshit crazy and.....oh wait....

#21 Posted by Workyticket (108 posts) -
@TwoOneFive: Well, not really. Those guys are directors of the show, so would most likely decide what games are shown. I haven't seen the episode but judging from their reputation as big gamers, I'm willing to bet they know their stuff. Even if those choices tie in with the characters, they'd have to know enough about games to pick those as the ones the characters would gravitate to. A non-gamer director would use games that they and the audience would recognize from their limited knowledge - your Sonics, your Marios, your Halos etc.
#22 Posted by Ubiquitous (571 posts) -
@McDom said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
Justify. "

Don't worry. It's LeChuck... you can never trust LeChuck...
#23 Posted by killercheereo98 (28 posts) -

your right there are some pretty good games featured on the show besides world of warcraft  that game sucks people's life away.

#24 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I like me some Okami!  Plus, it's the only version worth talking about, too.

#25 Posted by ZombiePie (5662 posts) -

South Park is cool.  

People who feel like they need to belch South Park's philosophy and beliefs as actual beliefs in a discussion or conversation are not cool.

#26 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Ah South Park, you and me have had some decent times.

#27 Posted by Redux626 (68 posts) -
@AussieBomb said:
" Its such a shame that they've never made a decent south park game, but then again what kind of game could you make based on south park? A decent rally game suited for adults I could see that.....oh  wait.......ok um how about a fps where everything is just batshit crazy and.....oh wait.... "
Actually don't slap me, But I had fun with the southpark game back on the ol N64
#28 Posted by AussieBomb (52 posts) -

Lol truth be told I was like 11 at the time when I played that FPS on the playstation and yeah I did like it but trust me its not a good game

#29 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Terrible terrible show.

But yes, they are avid gamers.

#30 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
We're not discussing The OC. "
What? The O.C.'s awesome duders. Rachel Bilson is a fine piece of work, plus the dialogue on that show is actually pretty damn smart & funny. 

But that's just me, I guess.
#31 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5423 posts) -
@Redux626 said:
" @AussieBomb said:
" Its such a shame that they've never made a decent south park game, but then again what kind of game could you make based on south park? A decent rally game suited for adults I could see that.....oh  wait.......ok um how about a fps where everything is just batshit crazy and.....oh wait.... "
Actually don't slap me, But I had fun with the southpark game back on the ol N64 "
The tower defense game on XBLA isn't supposed to be too bad either.
#32 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
#33 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@VinceNotVance said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
What? The O.C.'s awesome duders. Rachel Bilson is a fine piece of work, plus the dialogue on that show is actually pretty damn smart & funny.  But that's just me, I guess. "
I'll give you that for sure.
#34 Posted by chrissedoff (2096 posts) -
@Chokobo said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
Not worse than Jersey Shore, therefore your hypothesis is false. "
jersey shore is an awesomely harrowing exhibition of the most superficial and petty parts of american society
#35 Posted by chrissedoff (2096 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
i don't think the oc has been on tv for quite a long time.
#36 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Oh, wow. The Starcraft and Diablo references fit right in, since they had that World of Warcraft episode, but Okami is much more obscure. Awesome. I still remember that Pokemon parody episode they did in the earlier days.

#37 Posted by chrissedoff (2096 posts) -
@McDom said:
" @chrissedoff said:
" worst show on tv "
Justify. "
1. extremely preachy
2. the show has become a trojan horse for promoting batshit libertarian ideas
3. all of the show's "messages" are delivered in the absolute most ham-fisted way and obvious way imaginable, either because the creators have no faith in their viewers' intelligence, or because the creators themselves are themselves not smart or creative enough to deliver their crazy beliefs with any kind of subtlety. 
4. every episode concludes with this simplistic idea that "the truth is always in the middle" which is never actually true, it's just the ultimate copout that lazy people use to pretend they're smarter than people without actual convictions.
5. all that's left for people who don't buy into the political & philosophical ideas being smashed over their heads are fart jokes, gay jokes and racism.
6. ok, i bet there are suckier shows on tv. glenn beck's show is worse, i'm sure, for example. but i have had the good fortune to never have met a person who didn't know that glenn beck's show is scaremongering trash made for crazy survivalists living on a compound in idaho. but lots of people seem to think south park is a pretty good show, or worse, a smart show. so south park bothers me more, therefore i call it the worst show just to vent my frustration.
#38 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, they are big gamers. i remember hearing that sometime ago. they have had dabio, wii, world of warcraft, cod: world at war, guitar hero, and others. 

when they are on break or something like that i can see them playing video games in the office. it only takes them three days to make a episode. so just think they spend like a month making a season of south park.

#39 Posted by AussieBomb (52 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe:  Yeah but I'm not into the tower defense games so :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.