Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Channel 5

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 16, 1999

In Space Channel 5 the player takes control of Ulala, a TV diva who has to out-dance evil aliens and rescue hostages as she tries to get her TV ratings to soar. The game also features a cameo from Michael Jackson.

Some one please change the default image for Space Channel 5

combinehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I don't think it's a matter of which looks best, the fact that this is an american website means that as long as the game had a western release we should use box art that's in english.

Just my opinion.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Arnt we supposed to use the box art that is in English?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like he changed it. Is anyone able to change it back to the English language box art?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's funny how the box art that more accurately depicts the game is considered terrible.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, that japanese boxart looks like someone's first tentative experiments with adobe illustrator... Can't say I like it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Looks like he changed it. Is anyone able to change it back to the English language box art?

Done. Like others have said, it's not about which box art looks better; it's about which is more correct, and for an English-speaking website that's based in the USA, we should be using American covers where possible. It's the same thing with using American spelling, the rest of the world may not agree, but at the end of the day, this is an American website.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Quite a history of shit box art for North America, but it's a North American website, maybe in the future there could be localisation options.

combinehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ICO box art is the European box art. Why is that an exception, and not this?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@combinehunter: I have changed this back over to the American release art work (despite its ugliness).

I don't really know what the rules are for this stuff, but I would imagine that it needs to be the American release art work if that is something which is available. For country-specific games, that would seemingly be different (can't default an American box art released on a Japan-exclusive game).

However, like I said, I don't really know what the rules on these kinds of things are. Therefore, if the European box art is acceptable, I have no problem switching it back over.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USA! USA! USA!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@gunslingerpanda said:

Done. Like others have said, it's not about which box art looks better; it's about which is more correct, and for an English-speaking website that's based in the USA, we should be using American covers where possible. It's the same thing with using American spelling, the rest of the world may not agree, but at the end of the day, this is an American website.

...what about the Ico box art?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.