Here's This Week's New Space Invaders Extreme DLC

Posted by Brad (3333 posts) -
New DLC is on the way this week for the Xbox Live Arcade version of Space Invaders Extreme. This note from the publisher says about all there is to say about it.

Space Invaders Extreme is coming out with new DLC tomorrow night, Wednesday, June 17, 2009. There will be three new stages, new enemies, and new bosses. Additionally, the expansion pack will contain two emulators of the original black-and-white Space Invaders and 8-bit color Space Invaders 2! 

The pack will run you 240 Microsoft Points (or $3), and I hear tell the emulated original games will be standalone and not integrated with the core SIE gameplay. At any rate, I think this DLC is more about showing than telling, so here you go!

#1 Posted by Brad (3333 posts) -
New DLC is on the way this week for the Xbox Live Arcade version of Space Invaders Extreme. This note from the publisher says about all there is to say about it.

Space Invaders Extreme is coming out with new DLC tomorrow night, Wednesday, June 17, 2009. There will be three new stages, new enemies, and new bosses. Additionally, the expansion pack will contain two emulators of the original black-and-white Space Invaders and 8-bit color Space Invaders 2! 

The pack will run you 240 Microsoft Points (or $3), and I hear tell the emulated original games will be standalone and not integrated with the core SIE gameplay. At any rate, I think this DLC is more about showing than telling, so here you go!

#2 Posted by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

yey more!! GIVE ME MORE!!!

#3 Posted by gidoff (161 posts) -

SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#4 Posted by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

nobody cares about  Space Invaders Extreme?
that's sad...

#5 Posted by TheClap (539 posts) -

Yes, welcome invasion.

#6 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Space Invaders all starts to blend together anyways, I couldn't tell which levels were old and which were DLC unless they pointed them out.

#7 Posted by Tirrandir (217 posts) -

Just picked this up last night before Live went down.  Will pick up the DLC when live's back up.  <_<  Crazy addicting game.

#8 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Space Invaders is still cool, yep. I loved the DS version of this and with this DLC I may buy it again.

#9 Posted by whatisdelicious (1288 posts) -

Dammit, I want this on PSN.

#10 Posted by InsanePotato (206 posts) -

Actually looks pretty fun :P

#11 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

I just bought this game a couple weeks ago, so more content is cool. Great game. It even has 4 player co-op!

#12 Posted by EndrzGame (323 posts) -

Looks very nice, and the price is right too. Three bones is very doable.

#13 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -

It's a lot of fun. I finally got the Space Invaders Veteran achievement last night (with my friend >.>). I'll probably pick this DLC up.

#14 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -

I just purchased the game two days ago, so I think I will wait on the DLC.  It still looks fantastic.

#15 Posted by ptc (622 posts) -

Great game - I'll check out the DLC.  The real question: how many new achievements???

#16 Edited by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

cool

...and PSN please!

#17 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Hey i bought this!!!

BUT FUCKING LIVE WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD IT -OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER!!

Everything gets stuck at 1% then quits with a failed message!
Took my money though! Cheers M$
#18 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

The DLC is already in the damn game! the file size on the DLC is 108 KB. That's just messed up :(

#19 Posted by theMcNasty (740 posts) -

Gradius is still better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.