Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Siege

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Space Siege is an action role playing game from Gas Powered Games, the creators of the Dungeon Siege series. The game gives players the option to replace body parts with cybernetic upgrades.

In the clearance bin..

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By alexrubens

I was at Target the other day and saw this game sitting on the clearance shelf for 6 dollars! 6!! There were so many copies of it there too. What is it about this game that people dont like? I havent played it yet and want to know if it's worth my time.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KindGalaxy

It is not worth your time. There was a GFW podcast that covered the game at length, I'll link the mp3 below so you can listen to it. The Space Siege discussion starts at minute 20.

Basically; the game's initial concept was the man vs machine argument, and if you play through the game itself you can't help but feel that Gas Powered/Chris Taylor cut the budget in half and say 'fuck it, ship now', the negative effects of choosing the machine-side are non-existant, the gameplay becomes repetitive very early on, the item drops are not like Dungeon Siege (another Gas Powered/Chris Taylor product), you don't see hordes of greens/blues/purples dropping, you get machine parts and get a rudimentry crafting system to upgrade your weapons/armor or machine parts, it is very limited in terms of character development/alteration.

Basically just listen to that mp3 at minute 20 onwards for more reasons why it is not worth your time or your $6.
    alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By alexrubens

ok thanks for the input. ill listen to that now.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I played it briefly.  It does feel like a bastardized variation on Dungeon Siege, and not in a good way.  It may be worth six bucks, though.  Just don't go into it with expectations of a great Diablo clone like its predecessor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.