50% off this Sunday on Amazon

#1 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

An Amazon rep posted a list of a bunch of upcoming deals for their sale over at neogaf. This Sunday this game is going to be half off. There will be a Steam version available.

Thread where the info was put: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480502

Forgot to make this clear. this is for the digital PC version only.

#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Sold.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

...grumble. Whatever, I was just gonna spend that extra $25 on something stupid like... fireworks.

#4 Posted by dskillzhtown (31 posts) -

I'll be picking it up. Probably will look better on my pc anyway.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

@dskillzhtown said:

I'll be picking it up. Probably will look better on my pc anyway.

It's OK. It's nothing to write home about, I just got through with Max Payne, which was incredible, but Spec Ops is just kind of bland. Apparently it's hell of ugly on consoles though, so it is a step up from that.

#6 Posted by Strife777 (1579 posts) -

Too bad that only applies to amazon.com (US). I would definitely buy it at that price.

#7 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

Are you sure about Spec Ops? It only came out this week right? Why would they have a half off sale already? Unless they knew the reviews before hand but still, seems like a steep cut..

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14829 posts) -

Well fuck. =\ That sucks I could have saved $30.

#9 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

Are you sure about Spec Ops? It only came out this week right? Why would they have a half off sale already? Unless they knew the reviews before hand but still, seems like a steep cut..

Game was in development hell for a while, probably trying to recoup money.

#10 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

It has been a trend a lot recently for games like these. If a game doesn't do that great you can expect to see a PC version, specifically a digital version, go on sale on deep discount.

#11 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

Makes you almost think that games shouldn't be $60 at launch unless they're triple A.

Oh well, I'm no economist

#12 Posted by DoctorTran (1562 posts) -

Just picked it up.. I'd been interested in the game but couldn't justify 50 bucks... 25 on the other hand.... much better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.