Any new on Spec Ops: The Line

#1 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

This game was starting to really look cool, and the fact that they used Rooster in the newest e3 trailer excited me, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while.  Am I just not looking hard enough?

#2 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

Right, and this is supposed to say "Any news on Spec Ops: the Line"

My apologies

#3 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

You're not alone (although their use of Bjork in the first trailer was what got me so I can't sympathise with the whole Rooster thing). 

Game looks tight, it's got Greg Kasavin on the case and is coming out on PC so seems pretty ideal right now.

#4 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

You probably shouldn't expect any more news on this game until after the holiday release season.

#5 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

I wanted it,  but now I have no clue about the status.

#6 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

It seems to have disappeared temporarily. Chances are, we will hear more about it after the holiday season when the bigger releases have been and gone. The 'Exclusive Player Demo', or beta, is still open though. It's been open for quite some time, so they must really be looking to polish their game until it is incredibly smooth indeed.

#7 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Oh yeah I still have the beta installed. I played a bit. Seems like a 3rd person Call of Duty with a Gears of War perspective but slower. I gotta try out more of it again.

#8 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@Vitor:  It had Greg Kasavin on the scene.

I'm sure we will hear more about it next year.
#9 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn: Where'd he go?
#10 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -
@christ0phe said:
" @Death_Unicorn: Where'd he go? "
He is now with Supergiant Games and making Bastion.
#11 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

some people are in the MP beta now

they it isn't very good. =(

#12 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

We have to account for the potential that all the game's code was on one single jaz disk with no backups and Greg took it with him to use as a coaster, therefore delaying the game indefinitely.  
Potentially.

#13 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -
@Rockanomics: This is probably against protocol
#14 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn said:
" @Vitor:  It had Greg Kasavin on the scene.   I'm sure we will hear more about it next year. "
True that. Equally looking forward to Bastion (momentary memory lapse there had me forgetting that game existed). 

Maybe that just opens up Greg for his own end of the year Northies-style award here on GB? I.e. best game (partially) developed by Greg Kasavin? I know I'd certainly appreciate more Kasavin in my gaming life.
#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

they are making spec ops into an actual game? as in from modern warfare 2? CRAZY. i didn't play a lot of spec ops.

#16 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@Vitor:   A daily dose of Kasavin is recommended by most doctors to keep you active all day long! True fact! 

#17 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -
@iam3green: Wait, you're not serious right?
#18 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@christ0phe:   :( yess...
#19 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" they are making spec ops into an actual game? as in from modern warfare 2? CRAZY. i didn't play a lot of spec ops. "
No, it's totally different. 

@niamahai said:
" some people are in the MP beta now  they it isn't very good. =( "
Given that I was mostly interested in the single player portion anyways, this effects me very little.
#20 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

Is Kasavin still involved? Or did he just write for it than leave?

#21 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4599 posts) -

I was wondering the same thing. Kinda hoping we'll get  at least another trailer or something at the VGA awards. Story seemed like it had a lot of potential.

#22 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@niamahai said:
" some people are in the MP beta now  they it isn't very good. =( "
I am in the MP beta, and I honestly forgot all about it. Just goes to show you what I feel the quality of the multiplayer is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.