Epic premier at the VGA's

#1 Posted by Brundage (371 posts) -
#2 Posted by GeneralTurkle (335 posts) -

I was actually shocked and impressed to see this. It caught my eye, and probably will continue to catch it

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

looks pretty damn cool, but for some reason it reminds me of that war game that Konami was making. what ever happened to that? 

#4 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

While it taking place in Dubai is really rather neat, I have to admit that the rest of this really doesn't look that "original" or exciting to me. Definitely not blown away.
#5 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

This game looks badass my second favorite trailer of the VGA's behind Halo: Reach.

#6 Posted by Brundage (371 posts) -
@AjayRaz: im pretty sure it got cancelled because of the conflict in the real world
#7 Posted by ashton (310 posts) -

this was by far the best premier of the night.  everything else was underwhelming, except Arkham 2 I guess.  Oh and anyone notice a similarity between the True Crime trailer music and that of Star Treks first trailer.  True Crime ripped it off!

#8 Posted by HatKing (5764 posts) -

I liked the music in this one.  I'm not particularly impressed otherwise and even less so considering the origins of the Spec Ops series.  Seriously has anybody else here played, and I use that term lightly, those games?  What would possess them to reboot that name?  It seems like they'd be just as well off making the same game with another name.  I just hope that this has no connection at all to that series of games.  Not that it could anyway, they didn't have any story or memorable characters to speak of. 

Actually I am going to keep an eye on this one, I like the idea of a super weird dark war game, so maybe this will tickle that itch.... or scratch it.
#9 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

It looks neat.

#10 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Hopefully it's not just a generic gears of war rip off.

#11 Posted by EVO (3847 posts) -

Looks great but the AI is concerning; they just stand there like shooting ducks.

#12 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

that looked reallly interesting and rad

#13 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

BROWN!

#14 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Interesting.

On a side note, was that Björk for the background music?

#15 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
"looks pretty damn cool, but for some reason it reminds me of that war game that Konami was making. what ever happened to that?  "

Atomic Games was making it, and Konami stopped publishing because of controversy. 

I believe you are talking about Six Days in Fallujah?
#16 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Totally a Platoon/Heart of Darkness vibe from the VO. I have to admit I'm always a sucker for that sorta thing.

#17 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -
#18 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

It was interesting and definitely a shock but it looked too artificial. I'll believe it when I play or see it be played.

#19 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Epic

#20 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -

Doesn't look that great. The graphics seem impressive but I need to see alot more because I can make up my mind. 

I see Uncharted 2/Gears of War 2 with sand and retarded AI. Nothing to see here people, move along.
#21 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Apocolypse Now and Bjork; never thought I'd see those mixed. Looks interesting.

#22 Posted by Holographic_Charizard (30 posts) -

seemed pretty cool, but I'm not the biggest fan of duck and cover shooters

#23 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

It looks alright. But it all depends on how it plays. I'm very interested in the sand mechanic though. I hope it's more dynamic and open than linear and scripted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.