Jeff on Gamespots Spoilercast with writer of Spec Ops the Line

#1 Posted by Humanity (9016 posts) -

Jeff mentions it during the TNT and I went to look it up.

It's full of spoilers if you haven't beaten the game but it's a very interesting conversation between Walt Williams, the writer of Spec Ops the Line and the Spoilercast crew along with Jeff.

I don't visit Gamespot really so unless Jeff would have mentioned it I would've missed it so just wanted to put up a link for likewise individuals who are interested in listening in

http://www.gamespot.com/features/gamespot-gameplay-special-edition-spoilercast-spec-ops-the-line-6386587/

#2 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

Thank you for letting us know! I would've missed this as well otherwise.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4648 posts) -

Thanks, I'll give it a listen.

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nice, this should be a good listen.

#5 Posted by crazyleaves (643 posts) -

http://m.giantbomb.com/spec-ops-the-line/61-29445/spec-ops-the-line-spolier-cast-with-walt-williams/35-553869/

There is already a thread for this. Happy Friday!

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@Humanity: How about a little heads up Tom McShea is in there? I was all excited Kevin VanOrd and Jeff on a podcast...then bam...

#7 Edited by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@Humanity: How about a little heads up Tom McShea is in there? I was all excited Kevin VanOrd and Jeff on a podcast...then bam...

:( Great...

I'll probably listen to it anyway.

#8 Posted by Humanity (9016 posts) -
@Trilogy

@Doctorchimp said:

Sorry I dunno who that is but I listened to the whole thing and didn't find anyone particularly aggravating

Didn't know there was a thread for it already
#9 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Trilogy

@Doctorchimp said:

Sorry I dunno who that is but I listened to the whole thing and didn't find anyone particularly aggravating Didn't know there was a thread for it already

I just have a personal distaste for that guy. It's not your fault though!

Hey, Humanity... It's not your fault...

#10 Posted by Humanity (9016 posts) -

@Trilogy said:

@Humanity said:

@Trilogy

@Doctorchimp said:

Sorry I dunno who that is but I listened to the whole thing and didn't find anyone particularly aggravating Didn't know there was a thread for it already

I just have a personal distaste for that guy. It's not your fault though!

Hey, Humanity... It's not your fault...

I'm about to have my breakdown!

It's a really great listen, I didn't play the game but I didn't really plan on playing it and some of the stuff was pretty fascinating. Almost made me go and buy it but I just googled some of the messed up scenes they talked about. I might get it if Steam has it on some amazing sale - right now it's still pretty pricey for a throwaway weekend game.

#11 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

there it is

#12 Edited by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

@Humanity

Yea, I didn't play it either but I still want to listen to the podcast since Jeff talked up the conversation they had up a bit. Maybe I can find an abridged version of the story on youtube. I really like spoilercasts in general. I think GB needs to do more one games with interesting stories. I remember loving the MGS4 spoilercast even though I didn't play that game either.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7263 posts) -

MORE LIKE GREG OPS.

#14 Edited by Frag_Maniac (107 posts) -

At the 56 min mark when they were talking about the possibility (or improbability) of a sequel, I thought to myself, what about a prequel? It could include Walker's missions with Konrad in Kabul and help flesh out both characters more. Thoughts?

#15 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

listening to it right now.

#16 Posted by AssInAss (2598 posts) -

Can't wait to hear this!

#17 Edited by AssInAss (2598 posts) -

Ok WOW did not catch the purgatory interpretation, I did get the Groundhog Day but didn't notice the white fadeouts. Yes, Jeff that did blow my mind! Time to play this a 3rd time! XD

Great great spoilercast, thanks you guys :)

#18 Posted by IronRinn (146 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

Ok WOW did not catch the purgatory interpretation, I did get the Groundhog Day but didn't notice the white fadeouts. Yes, Jeff that did blow my mind! Time to play this a 3rd time! XD

Great great spoilercast, thanks you guys :)

I knew those billboards had Konrad's face on them! On my second playthrough I spent 5 minutes just staring at them "Is that Konrad? That really looks like Konrad. Weird."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.