morrelloman's Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360) review

Better Than Good

The story in this game is fantastic. There is a great twist at the end that almost begs you to play it again to see if you could have a different outcome. The game play itself is a little flat. As a unreal engine third person shooter this just feels like Gears light. The weapon selections are generic and so are the enemies, but the story's originality and pacing more than make up for its shortfalls. You are given a different perspective on all the killing that you blindly do during videogames. You are kept in the dark basically the entire time, but the big reveal at the end / the epilogue will hopefully make you think twice before you pick up the sticks for your next realistic military shooter experience.