Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

360/PC differences for wiki

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By Brackynews

Just a quick note that the more I play both versions of Spelunky, the more I discover what's been added to the game since the original. The PC Wikia seems to largely ignore the 360 release, as it split off into a separate 360 one. So I'll try to cross-check what I can, but could use some help since so much of the text is already written.

If anyone already well versed in the PC version can help to identify things they don't recognise (as 360 specific), I think that would help keep things straight without reformatting the sections. Maybe the new site design will have some features to help with keeping platform differences straight (sent Dave a note).

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ascagnel

A few things I noticed off the top of my head:

• Arrows fired from traps have a different downward curve. Instead of dropping 1 tile for every 4 horizontal, it now looks like its either 6 or 8.
    • Smashing pots with your whip now requires a second attack to kill any creatures that were hiding in said pot.
    • Jumping on a bat pops you up 3 tiles instead of 2.

I'm not counting things that were added in the X360 version (new monsters, the shopkeeper hoards, etc.), as those should be fairly obvious. Just a few little things that I noticed make the Xbox version a bit harder if you're not careful.

As for the platform differences, that shouldn't be an issue, since Mossmouth has said they're looking at a Steam release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.