Duder Explorers Club (Spelunky Daily Challenge 2014-01-30)

#1 Edited by amarriner (142 posts) -

Birthday run! Aaaaaaand I forgot to unmute my mic, geez. Not a great run anyway. Plasma Cannon killed me, but not in the way it normally does, heh.

#2 Edited by SodiumEyes (7 posts) -

Managed to do an okay Hell run on this daily.

Tip: Don't count on finding any bombs in the crates above Olmec.

#3 Posted by jeconner (70 posts) -

I throw this run away by trying to jump on a shopkeeper in the ice caves. I'm full of bad ideas during daily challenges.

#4 Posted by Seiken_Enhasa (101 posts) -

Heh. The Plasma Cannon killed me too, but not quite the same way. I tried to get it by blowing up the ground below it and grabbing it afterwards, but there was a jump pad directly below it. The Plasma Cannon bounced off the jump pad and into me, which put me into a bouncing loop while the Alien Queen took potshots at me.

#5 Posted by amarriner (142 posts) -
#6 Posted by ErinIsADrunk (157 posts) -

Not a good day in the Spelunky office. I think I am coming towards the end of my Spelunky addiction.

#7 Posted by Thurbleton (118 posts) -

Made it to the temple but got in over my head. Time stamps are below. Also I talk about my plans for 'speed running' the daily on friday. (anyone welcome to join me on that)

Time Stamps are in spoilers

01:20 I waste several bombs for a Damsel's kiss
03:00 Pro Big-Spider take down
----------------------------------------------------------------------
08:43 Jungle 2-1
09:40 Intricate backtrack for a Mattock
11:10 Mad dash from a Ghost
13:00 Maneuvering around the lake
20:00 Ice World 3-1
21:20 Lucky Yeti King kill
22:55 The Alien who lived and the Damsel in the Vault
23:53 Temple 4-1
24:00 Between an Anubis and an Angry Shopkeeper (Death)

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11637 posts) -

@erinisadrunk: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing before. But, I must get all of those achievements >_>

#9 Edited by weegieanawrench (1934 posts) -

One of the better scores I've posted in a while. I messed with the alien lord in 3-3 before I was ready and he fried my brains. $159,300.

EDIT: Wrong day.

#10 Posted by Fobwashed (1886 posts) -

My best run yet. Daily or otherwise =]

#11 Edited by amarriner (142 posts) -

@fobwashed: congrats on the run and welcome our goofy "club" :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.