Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

If you have this for PS3, don't install the latest patch!

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gkhan

Hey, guys, just a quick PSA: the "Pro HUD" update that Spelunky just got for the PS3 has a game-breaking bug in it.

I've played three games in a row where the game crashes in the Black Market if you piss the shopkeepers off. It literally locks up the second you do anything aggressive to them. Other people have reported that if you've already pissed them off beforehand, it locks up the second you get into the Black Market level. Given that robbing the Black Market is the easiest way to get to Yama, this pretty much ruins the whole thing for me. Don't know what the situation is on the Vita.

Just so everyone knows, if you get a hankerin' to play Spelunky again, and it tells you there's an update, don't install it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bummer. PSN auto-updates might have burned me here. Hopefully there's a fix before I get the urge to revisit that game. I almost played it last night just because I was thinking about games with really good music.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@gkhan said:

Don't know what the situation is on the Vita.

Just got to the black market for the first-time post patch and game still going fine after aggravating the shop-keepers. Seems the Vita version is fine.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RonGalaxy

It only happens when a hired hand is activated, nothing to do specifically with the black market. They're activated if a shopkeeper selling one is angered, triggering the bug. People think it has to do with the black market because a) there's a good chance there's a hired hand in there for sale and b) people feel angering the shopkeepers in the black market is a necessity (it really depends on the seed). This is also affected by character unlock coffins, so don't break those open.

And no, it doesn't affect the vita version. Just ps3 from my experience. You can still play fairly well, just keep in mind to avoid triggering hired hands. The game is already a cruel mistress, so a bug like this doesn't fuck shit up completely, especially since hired hands are already fucking useless/little bastards that make your life hell.

Also, pro hud is baller.

Edit: here's a source

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have never gone to the black market and not anger the shop keepers. It's almost essential to do so.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just thought I'd leave an update here. Two weeks after the patch containing the bug was released, a new patch with fix was pushed out.

I'm happy to be playing again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.