Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Some weird instant deaths on vita

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By maxB

I've been playing Spelunky on the vita since it came out and recently I've been experiencing instant death, mostly in the temple stages. I was just on a great run, I had the jetpack, plamsa gun, 8 health, and I was on the last stage before Olmec and right as the stage started I died. On the death screen it said I was beaten up but I don't see how that was possible given my health and how I was killed in one shot. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing something or is it a bug? Edit: It was the croc man killing me with his telefrags, it's good to know this game is still flawless in a techinal aspect (except from the framerate issue on the water/snow levels).

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That is really strange. I have over 1000 deaths on my Vita and have never had something like this happen. Stupid question but do you have the most recent patch? Reach out to Derek Yu on twitter @mossmouth, he might be ale to shed some light on your situation.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This has never happened to me before. The only bug I've ever experienced in that game was the bug introduced in a patch on the ps3/vita version of the game (which caused the game to crash when a helping hand became active). I've played many many hours in the game. Have beaten olmec multiple times and yama once and the game has held up beautifully (it's really well made/designed). Sorry that you're experiencing this, but if it's a bug it must be one that affects very few people.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Died randomly with no enemies? Are you sure you weren't telefragged by those teleporting guys?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ichthy said:

Died randomly with no enemies? Are you sure you weren't telefragged by those teleporting guys?

This is the most likely explanation. Even if you don't interact with them directly, if they take damage from an arrow trap or something they can teleport right on top of you and instakill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.