Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Update to PlayStation Versions, Spelunky coming to PS4

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jasonefmonk

The promised update from Mossmouth/BlitWorks has arrived for the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Spelunky. Along with bug fixes the big patch note is the Pro HUD which hit PC a few months ago. It gives more information but does it with less screen space. I really appreciate the indication that I'm on a Daily Challenge.

I think some players might miss another excellent addition: inverted run. In the controller options you can now set the "run" button to be a walk button. Yep, no more claw hand on your controller. I have to admit over 1,700 Spelunky plays has built a strong muscle memory; it's been hard to take my finger off the trigger. However, I no longer get a cramped index finger.

The announcement of Spelunky on PlayStation 4 came out a couple weeks ago but I thought I'd reiterate it as well. From the blog post:

For PS4, we want to do even more — like bump up the graphics to 1080p, let players upload replays to the leaderboards, add more social features to the Daily Challenge, and otherwise take advantage of the PS4′s unique hardware.

All good news. The screenshots look great and I can't wait to play with the DualShock 4.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I had no idea they were still doing things to make Spelunky better. I think I'm actually going to pick up my Vita and run through a game now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.