How many people liked Spider-Man 2

#1 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

Solely on the strength of the swinging alone? Personally, I thought everything outside of the swinging was crap. The missions were dull, the fighting really bad, the even the races weren't any good for some reason. It's hard to say since I haven't played the game in ages, but everything outside of the movement system and a few collectibles were totally terrible. 

That sound about right?

#2 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

I loved that game. Swinging was amazing which made everything else amazing. I used sound logic when forming this argument.

#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Movie yes.

#4 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -
@Afroman269: Considering this is under the game page for Spider-Man 2, I think it's implied we're talking about a game.
#5 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@TheMasterDS said:
" @Afroman269: Considering this is under the game page for Spider-Man 2, I think it's implied we're talking about a game. "
I know. I'm here to just tell you that I liked the movie.
#6 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

I liked both the movie and the game.

#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Great movie. 
Great game. 

The game had a lot of flaws, but like Just Cause 2 it was easy to overlook them in favour of the joy of "stupid shit you can do".

#8 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" I liked both the movie and the game. "
agreed!
#9 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -
@Afroman269: I liked the movie too.
#10 Posted by nyuckelhead (165 posts) -

Hmm.. I must be the minority here because I thought the movie and the game both sucked hard

#11 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

the movie was outstanding. the game was fun. 

#12 Posted by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -

I enjoy the movie and the game.
#13 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I was young when I played it, so I didn't know anything was bad back then. 

Sure, I liked it.

#14 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I hate to bump an old thread, but I couldn't resist it; I bought this game shortly before the third movie came out, and I LOVED it.  

It had flaws, but I could overlook them.

#15 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

I loved it. I played it way more than anybody should play a spiderman game cuz i'd just swing around the city.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

The game was ok.

#17 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

That movie was terrible. The game was okay.

#18 Posted by FoxMulder (1694 posts) -

Played the hell out of this game!!!!  Just for the swinging mostly!!! Loved exploring the city!

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

the game was alright. movie was lots of fun. 

#20 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -

Loved the swinging, but what really sold me was the way you capture Mysterio.

#21 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I loved the movie, and I actually kinda liked the game, but I only played the PSP version, as I was really, really desperate for a good PSP game. Wasn't bad, though.

#22 Posted by papercut (3498 posts) -

This guy! I can not believe that Ryan hates the swing physics in it.

#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

Oh, the game... Never played it.

#24 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

OP nailed my feelings. The swinging felt incredible and was fun for hours at a time. Now it's too simplified in games and feels super canned, like you have no degree of control. MS2 was like a web slinging simulator.

I wanna see superhero games go the sim route. The "if this was real, this is what it would be like on a controller" path.

If you didn't play a dual thumbstick version, you played the wrong version.

#25 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

Spider-Man 2 was the best movie and game in their series.
#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I thought the movie sucked, even though it seemed to be the highest praised movie of the series. I never played the game, but from the reviews I read, I always had the impression that the swinging mechanics were great, and everything else was pretty lousy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.