Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions revolves around the pieces of a magical tablet, spanning four distinct dimensions and starring the Spider-Men therein.

Unprecedented hate on the Bombcast.

• 59 results
    bowielee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By bowielee

Stupid voice acting? The voices were all veteran voice actors (including Neil Patrick F'n Harris) who actually did the voices for the cartoon incarnations of spider-man over the years. The villains were also voiced by many familiar veteran voice actors. I'm kind of surprised to hear that as a criticism.  I do admit, being a child of the 80s hearing the voice of spider-man 2099 took me right back to saturday mornings watching Spider-man and his amazing friends.

Also, I don't know if it's different console versions, but the PS3 game didn't really have any bugs that I ran into.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By Sooperspy

I haven't played the 360/PS3 version, but I will say that the DS version is fantastic.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MethodMan008
    @bowielee said:
    " Stupid voice acting? The voices were all veteran voice actors (including Neil Patrick F'n Harris) who actually did the voices for the cartoon incarnations of spider-man over the years. The villains were also voiced by many familiar veteran voice actors. I'm kind of surprised to hear that as a criticism.  I do admit, being a child of the 80s hearing the voice of spider-man 2099 took me right back to saturday mornings watching Spider-man and his amazing friends. Also, I don't know if it's different console versions, but the PS3 game didn't really have any bugs that I ran into. "
    The voice acting was fine, but what they were saying.... was...  Spiderman-ish. 

At first Spiderman acting like 8 year old annoyed me but after a few levels I began to love it.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Ryax

maybe its news to you but its exactly their job to judge games.

Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Lestater

If someone doesn't like a game, then they don't like a fucking game.  It's that simple.  There are plenty of games that have gotten way better reviews and praise from people I know and I still don't enjoy them.

bowielee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bowielee
    @MethodMan008 said:
    " @bowielee said:
    " Stupid voice acting? The voices were all veteran voice actors (including Neil Patrick F'n Harris) who actually did the voices for the cartoon incarnations of spider-man over the years. The villains were also voiced by many familiar veteran voice actors. I'm kind of surprised to hear that as a criticism.  I do admit, being a child of the 80s hearing the voice of spider-man 2099 took me right back to saturday mornings watching Spider-man and his amazing friends. Also, I don't know if it's different console versions, but the PS3 game didn't really have any bugs that I ran into. "
    The voice acting was fine, but what they were saying.... was...  Spiderman-ish.  At first Spiderman acting like 8 year old annoyed me but after a few levels I began to love it. "
    I really did geek out over the fact that they got all the voice actors from the various spider-man animated series over the years.

For those keeping track:

Amazing: MTV CGI Spider-Man series that came out right after the first movie.
    Noir: 90s Spider-Man series that lunched around the same time as the Xmen cartoon in the 90s
    Ultimate: Sensational Spiderman, which just wrapped up after 2 all too brief seasons
    2099: Spider- Man and his amazing friends circa 1980-something.

I thought that was a pretty cool touch, especially because I have watched all those series.

One thing that got me is that even though John Kassir has voiced Deadpool since Xmen legends 2 and  he was in the voice cast for Shattered Dimensions, but didn't play Deadpool????
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Undeadpool

I'm about to S-rank this game, so I've played a LOT of it and his complaints about the bugginess are valid. Hell the targeting system is borderline broken (I cannot TELL you how many times I have repeatedly tried to web-grab an object, only to hit an enemy I wasn't even looking at. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with it and think it's definitely a good Spider-Man game. Comparing it to Arkham Asylum, though? It's not even close.
    Also: any game with kamikaze enemies loses points in my estimation.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BradBrains

There is a lot to hate. I got a few glitches and web crawling pissed me off butnothing too crazy. Frustrating sometimes but overall I had a really fun time with it. I can see why some things could ruin the experiance. But I came into it knowing it was a fun but flawed game and that's what I got

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By LackLuster

I was surprised as well but to each their own

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By stealthdf2

i found web of shadows so boring that i quit cause i was having to force myself to try and play thru it and falling a sleep and i have never played it again.
    i played thru the first few levels of shattered dimensions and it seems way better to me.

as someone else said earlier i think giantbomb is becoming more of a showcase for antics of the crew and their attention whoring from their fanboys.  they have went a bit over the top and it isnt appealing anymore

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.