8.0 on GameSpot

#1 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

Surprising, eh? I didn't expect that at all. Full review here

#2 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Gamespot isn't valid for reviews at all, I'm afraid. However from them, yes that is incredibly surprising its even an 8. I'm gonna rent the game eventually anyway, but I'll wait until decent sites actually have reviews posted to even look at the review.

#3 Posted by Kazona (3064 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Gamespot isn't valid for reviews at all, I'm afraid. However from them, yes that is incredibly surprising its even an 8. I'm gonna rent the game eventually anyway, but I'll wait until decent sites actually have reviews posted to even look at the review."
This Gamespot bashing is really getting old....
#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

This game has been getting a vast array of reviews so far...it's not that surprising. I must laugh at that one 9.6 (or whatever it is) score from some random site I've never heard of...

#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, I was kinda shocked to see them scoring it so high, especially considering the initial reviews of the game bashed it quite a bit. Either way, I think I'll have to give it a chance now.

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

An 8.0? That is better than what I was expecting. Maybe it will be worth a rent?

#7 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Gamespot isn't valid for reviews at all, I'm afraid. However from them, yes that is incredibly surprising its even an 8. I'm gonna rent the game eventually anyway, but I'll wait until decent sites actually have reviews posted to even look at the review."
So, you say scores don't matter in another thread and now you won't even read the review.

You are one of the people that are making Giant Bomb worse every day.

I suppose if you're into Spider-man games, this could be really appealing, especially since it has a unique storyline.
#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

This is the worst possible scenario for reviews. If they're all consistantly high, you know a game is good and if they're low, you know it's bad but when it's all hot and cold, I find myself no clearer now than I was before the game come out.

#9 Posted by aarontex (13 posts) -

All reviews need to be taken for a grain of salt. There is no valid or invalid review. They are all opinions. To take a review for more than that is a mistake.

#10 Posted by Milkman (16637 posts) -
Kazona said:
"pause422 said:
This Gamespot bashing is really getting old...."
Agreed.
#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
pause422 said:
I think if you ceased to post, it would do wonders for my irritation level when I'm perusing these forums.

The perception of the game overall is pretty varied.  Therefore, it is dependent on the player and the expectations the player brings to the game. 

I'm confident I'll enjoy the game.  It won't be perfect, and I'm sure I'll notice flaws, but I think it will be fun enough to play. 
#12 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"The perception of the game overall is pretty varied.  Therefore, it is dependent on the player and the expectations the player brings to the game. 

I'm confident I'll enjoy the game.  It won't be perfect, and I'm sure I'll notice flaws, but I think it will be fun enough to play. "
I agree that this game is up to everyone's personal opinion...I'm sure that I'll probably love this game because I actually enjoyed Spider-Man 3 for what it was...and this game actually looks like a decent SM game to me.
#13 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

IGN gave it a 5.5. That is a pretty huge leap from 8.0.

#14 Posted by Luis_is_Cold (34 posts) -

im pretty surrprised since i have the game and so far i think its garbage , i can see it being an 6 or 7 but not an 8.

#15 Posted by sionweeks (647 posts) -
Kazona said:
"pause422 said:
This Gamespot bashing is really getting old...."

It is indeed getting extremely old.  Never come here to support Gamespot, as the vast majority of people here are people who came to support Jeff...
#16 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"IGN gave it a 5.5. That is a pretty huge leap from 8.0."
Both sites aren't too credible in my eyes. ...an even bigger leap: Game Chronicles giving it a 9.8 ...yea, I've never heard of them either.
#17 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"IGN gave it a 5.5. That is a pretty huge leap from 8.0."
Both sites aren't too credible in my eyes. ...an even bigger leap: Game Chronicles giving it a 9.8 ...yea, I've never heard of them either."

It's sad to say, that we have come to the point where I actually trust IGN over Gamespot. I'll wait until (hopefully) Brad reviews it before I pass judgment. But, I've already taken it off my profile lists for games that I'm looking forward to on any level. Gears of War 2 has taken its place, deservedly so anyway. For some reason I am just now becoming excited for the sequel to one of my favorite games this generation. Go figure...
#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I find IGN to be the least reliable site when it comes to review. I really only trust 1UP and GB now...but in the end I try out a game if it interests me, even if it got 2s from everyone. WoS is still extremely hyped for me and I plan to rent it when I can find a copy.

#19 Posted by OfficialJab (151 posts) -

Looks okay....

#20 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -
pause422 said:
It was written by Carolyn Michelle. I think she's just a sort of free-lance writter to Gamespot, not necessarily working in the building with the other editors if that's what bothers you. I usually like what she has to say in her reviews and blogs, though she sometimes tends to be a little long.
#21 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Wow...

Maybe I'll rent it.

#22 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
Kush said:
"I find IGN to be the least reliable site when it comes to review. I really only trust 1UP and GB now...but in the end I try out a game if it interests me, even if it got 2s from everyone. WoS is still extremely hyped for me and I plan to rent it when I can find a copy."
I agree. 

IGN's editors clearly get paid to do nothing.  It must be in the job descriptions of the staff writers to comb through for grammatical and typographical mistakes, because there are mistakes aplenty on the site, and half the time, the logic of the reviews does not hold very well. 
#23 Edited by BelowStupid (43 posts) -

that game doesn't disserve a 8.0 i just finished it and it would be generous giving it a 7.0, i'd give it 2 stars, it was pretty weak overall, but the points were easy and it was better than spiderman 3 (which is somthing i guess) and for some reason the person that they got to review it isn't even staff, i think it was a freelancer. thats weird... But yeah just go rent it, you may like it, it's...o.k

#24 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I might rent this game after the fall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.