Anyone else LOVE Spidey: WoS?

#1 Posted by Jedted (2343 posts) -

Everyone here says it's repetative and all you do is fight but i've played through the story 4 times now and it's still fun.  Since i discovered the glitch lets you start a new game with all of your upgrades it makes the game a whole lot more fun!

Yeah it woulda been better they had more varied mission types and it gets frustrating when you can't save falling civilians but inovative combat makes up for all that. 

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I almost rented it this week, but saw Prince of Persia and got that instead. Which, by the way, is a solid game that I wish I could like more than I actually do. The way the game forces you to replay each of the same areas you just completed can be a bit much. Plus it's so heavy on backtracking, but all in all, it's been pretty good. As for Spider-Man, what's the glitch, dude?

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I don't know how you could stand playing through the game 4 times, but I just couldn't find enjoyment in the game. The combat was fun and different at first, but when that is the only enjoyable aspect of the game it's going to get repetitive for most people. I do like the fact that you can start a new game with all your past upgrades, but I hated that they aren't all unlocked for you to purchase from the start(on your second playthrough). ...and @TheGreatGuero: It's not really a "glitch" glitch, but if you load up your finished game and sit through all of the credits...then do that again and it should start you from the beginning with all your past upgrades.

#4 Posted by Rowr (5528 posts) -

My hate for spiderman has prevented me renting this so far.

It would have to be nothing short of excellent for me to get past the disgust i have of spiderman.

#5 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

I had a lot of fun with the game, too. The side missions get really grindy and are best ignored, though. It's also too bad about the amount of pop-in and framerate issues the game has, but maybe that's only a problem for the console versions.

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15907 posts) -

I enjoyed it a lot. Too many problems though.

#7 Edited by Jedted (2343 posts) -

You guys are crazy, you've got too many high expectations.  IMO, this is much better than any of the previous Spider-man games because of the combat.  Have you tired all of the special moves for both the red and black suits?  Cause they're pretty awsome to watch and are better for fighting bosses than your standard attacks!

Like most i was a little irked when i first heard Spidey's voice but it grows on you after a while.  The story was alright too if you don't mind the semi-serious tone of it.  I did have a few lag issues and the game kept freezing at some points during the invasion but because of the auto save it never really set me too far back.

#8 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"I enjoyed it a lot. Too many problems though."
I feel the same way. I really liked that game despite all of its issues. The frame rate was just atrocious at times and although the combat was flashy and fun, the enemies weren't all that fun to fight. But nothing beats just swinging around the city and throwing cars at people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.