Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows sees Spider-Man facing off against nemesis Venom and his army of Symbiotes with the help of both Marvel heroes and villains.

I had a dream about this game last night, it was very mediocre...

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Ack! I'm kinda excited for this game based on the footage I have seen, but it is a Spider-Man game and unfortunately I'm very doubtful.

Anyhow, last night I had a rather elaborate Web of Shadows dream with a significant amount of gameplay. Here are my umm...dream(?) impressions:

-Graphics are great from afar, but close examination of character faces shows very poor facial modeling and iffy texturing.

-Characters simply pop out of the game without animation after they are no longer needed.

-Useful minimap with a compass to show you where to go

-Cool little apartment for Peter Parker and he has a backwards hat and interesting clothing

-Animation between Black and Red suits is really cool

-Terrible targeting system

-Overall boring gameplay.

Hopefully that dream is in no way prophetic of the actual game, 'cuz Web of Shadows looks cool. Erm, anyway...

Yeah, strange dream. Adios!

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vlademir

OMG! I had a dream about it a while ago!

-Graphics were sub-par
    -Combat wasn't great
    -Buildings popped into your view from far away instead of slowly coming into your range of view
    -Walking controls were unpolished
    -Webs stuck to the air instead of buildings
    -It always felt like there was nothing to do

Wow... creepy. I hope the game does turn out to be good though. It's about time we get a great Spider-Man game.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

You just may be a psychic who is able to tell the future!

Please, go to sleep right now and return to tell us how Dead Space will turn out.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Joker

Wheres your future telling license?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Vlademir said:
    "OMG! I had a dream about it a while ago!

-Graphics were sub-par
    -Combat wasn't great
    -Buildings popped into your view from far away instead of slowly coming into your range of view

Wow... creepy. I hope the game does turn out to be good though. It's about time we get a great Spider-Man game."
    -From what I've seen in actual footage, the game looks very nice. This is one department I think we will see the game succeed in.
    -Combat is the least of my worries, the footage of the combat looks unique and refreshing
    -I have no idea about the draw distance, but they have not shown any exploring so this may turn out to be a problem
    -I have no idea about walking controls, hopefully they will be fine.
    -There is actually a lot of concern that webs will not attach to buildings. If this is the case it would be absurd! This is 2008, people! Webs have been sticking to buildings since Spider-Man 2! This is a make or break mechanic, in my opinion.
    -Having nothing to do and short storylines has always been a problem with Spider-Man games, I hope Shaba will fix this.

Here is the brightside, though! Shaba was the developer behind Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. I don't like skate boarding games at all, but that game actually recieved a 10/10 at GameSpot by Jeff. So that is at least a good sign.

/hopesarehighbutnothighenoughformyheartobecrushedlikewithFabledamnyoumolyneux!

Joker said:
    "Wheres your future telling license?"

Apparently you need to be 18 years old according to the New York State Department of Future Telling License Distribution Center (or NYSDFTLDC for short.)

I'm just two years shy. D:
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

I'm not giving this game the light of day at all...I doubt it will be any better than any of the other shitty games.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    pause422 said:
    "I'm not giving this game the light of day at all...I doubt it will be any better than any of the other shitty games."

That kind of sunny disposition will get you far in life.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush

I had a dream ...but I never remember my dreams so I can't tell you what it was about. It could have been about flaming French cuisine for all I know! Anyways, I think the reason I am more hopeful for this game is because it doesn't have a movie to tie in with...it never had a specific date to come out on to accompany the movie. Also the fact that I think the videos have looked great makes me hopeful too! :)

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BelowStupid
    Vlademir said:
    "OMG! I had a dream about it a while ago!

-Graphics were sub-par
    -Combat wasn't great

Wow... creepy. I hope the game does turn out to be good though. It's about time we get a great Spider-Man game."

BiggerBomb said:
    "Ack! I'm kinda excited for this game based on the footage I have seen, but it is a Spider-Man game and unfortunately I'm very doubtful.

Anyhow, last night I had a rather elaborate Web of Shadows dream with a significant amount of gameplay. Here are my umm...dream(?) impressions:

-Graphics are great from afar, but close examination of character faces shows very poor facial modeling and iffy texturing.

-Characters simply pop out of the game without animation after they are no longer needed.

-Useful minimap with a compass to show you where to go

-Cool little apartment for Peter Parker and he has a backwards hat and interesting clothing

-Animation between Black and Red suits is really cool

-Terrible targeting system

-Overall boring gameplay.

Hopefully that dream is in no way prophetic of the actual game, 'cuz Web of Shadows looks cool. Erm, anyway...

Yeah, strange dream. Adios!"
    Thats really weird, because i actually just finished playing the game and almost everything that you guys said was true, and some more stuff to add...

. story has a really bad flow, and has little bits of cool background story but does absolutly nothing with them.

.descison makeing parts are really lame and at some points don't even seem like they are really descisons at all, plus it is painfully obvious which ones are bad and which ones are good.

. combat can really be boiled down to the y button

. voice acting is ok ,but tone and pitch  is really weird.

. spiderman sounds like a winny baby, especially at the begining, a more adult voice would at of least helped make the story feel heavier.

To basically sum it up, it seems like they tried/wanted to make a deep dark story, but made a story that is clunky, and poorly written, which would only seem intense to maybe a twelve year old, which is perfect because the rest of the game feels like it would be totally awesome if i were twelve again.  
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "pause422 said:
    "I'm not giving this game the light of day at all...I doubt it will be any better than any of the other shitty games."
    That kind of sunny disposition will get you far in life."
    Dude you know it's true...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.