Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows sees Spider-Man facing off against nemesis Venom and his army of Symbiotes with the help of both Marvel heroes and villains.

New video and awesome screenshots! (Response to Kush's thread!)

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Black Cat video! Check it:

Edit: Fixed embed.

Mmm'kay, here are some screenshots! Check it:

DUDE! It's totally Venom! Lookin' as badass as ever, if I might add.

If I'm not mistaken, that is Carnage! If I am mistaken, who cares?! It looks really fucking cool!

You don't want to fuck with Wolverine as it is, but symbiote Wolverine....*shivers down meh spine!*

luk wut i kan du!

Anyway, it seems that there is still no footage of Spidey's webs sticking to buildings. I'll remain relatively optimistic, but I can't fathom why they haven't shown this yet. I was also wrong, they did rate SM:WoS T and it is no longer RP.

Well, I hope you enjoyed those! I did.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I saw all of this earlier...looks great. Plus I think your thread title is awesome because it has my name in it :P ...I don't know if miss Tricia has done a good job with the voice acting, but I think she has a good voice for the character so that's half of the equation right there.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

Hmm, rethinking about this game. Hopefully there will be a demo.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TimeWaffle

symbiote Wolverine looks fucking badass

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ma7moud

WOW, the game looks surprisingly good.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush
    Demyx said:
    "Hmm, rethinking about this game. Hopefully there will be a demo."
    If you're lucky...it will probably be a post-release demo, but that's just my personal guess.DrDemon said:
    "symbiote Wolverine looks fucking badass"
    He looks pretty cool, but I must say that he looks a bit too big in that one screenshot.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Symbiote Venom is analogous to Charizard.  Too many components have opened up a weakness, as now, that symbiote is vulnerable to fire and sonic waves. 

And also, that is definitely not Carnage.  Isn't the plot of this game something along the lines of there being a symbiote invasion?  It's probably a normal pedestrian post-symbiosis. 

I love the pseudo-comic book style they've chosen for the art direction.  Very cool.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

In the first screenshot I posted, he looks smaller. My guess is that in the boss battle he either starts off small and then grows, or shrinks as you fight him. A stage by stage thing, if ya know what I mean.

What I know:

Graphics: They look awesome, I do not need to question this.

Combat: Looks awesome, I also do not need to question this.

What I do not know:

Voice acting: I have heard small sound bites and it could go either way with this one. I

Draw distance: I don't know, but then again draw distance has never really been a game breaking decision for me. As long as it isn't like in Spider-Man: The Movie. *Shudders*

Sound effects: Dunno, we'll wait and see.

Webs: Do they or do they not attach to buildings? It doesn't sound like such a big deal if you phrase it that way, but it is 2008! It's unacceptable to not have webs stick to buildings in a game in this day and age. Unacceptable. They haven't shown any footage of it, though that may be largely coincidental considering that the devs probably wouldn't swing up the camera every time they want to show Spidey' shoot a web. Or they will implement it, yet they were going to get to it after other things had been polished.

I will say, though, that if webs do not stick to buildings in Web of Shadows I will have to take a pass on principle. If you can't get those little things right, you shouldn't be making the videogame at all.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Oni

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good...

If this game is roughly as good as Spider-Man 2, I will be pleased. If it's as good, I will be very happy. If it's better, I will be ecstatic. Make me forget the atrocity that was Spider-Man 3. And for the love of god, NO QUICK TIME EVENTS.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Oni said:
    "Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good...

If this game is roughly as good as Spider-Man 2, I will be pleased. If it's as good, I will be very happy. If it's better, I will be ecstatic. Make me forget the atrocity that was Spider-Man 3. And for the love of god, NO QUICK TIME EVENTS."
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oni said:

If this game is roughly as good as Spider-Man 2, I will be pleased. If it's as good, I will be very happy. If it's better, I will be ecstatic. Make me forget the atrocity that was Spider-Man 3. And for the love of god, NO QUICK TIME EVENTS."
    I dunno.  I didn't hate the Spider-Man 3 game.  It was basically everything that I enjoyed about the Spider-Man 2 game. 

There were a lot of issues, sure.  The Quick Time garbage should be cut altogether, but I hope the game keeps a similar swinging mechanic/animation.  I thought that felt pretty solid. 

Most of my problems with that game were design-oriented.  The combat was not interesting, the bosses were plodding, pattern-based exercises in tedium, and the cutscenes . . . oh, dear, the cutscenes.  But on the whole, I was pretty ambivalent toward that game.  
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush

I agree on the no QTE statement. I hate QTE is all games and will never understand why developers keep putting them in their games. They aren't fun at all.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Oni said:

I dunno.  I didn't hate the Spider-Man 3 game.  It was basically everything that I enjoyed about the Spider-Man 2 game. 

There were a lot of issues, sure.  The Quick Time garbage should be cut altogether, but I hope the game keeps a similar swinging mechanic/animation.  I thought that felt pretty solid. 

Most of my problems with that game were design-oriented.  The combat was not interesting, the bosses were plodding, pattern-based exercises in tedium, and the cutscenes . . . oh, dear, the cutscenes.  But on the whole, I was pretty ambivalent toward that game.  "

:O

H-ho-how-w-wha-what?!
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I also didn't find Spider-Man 3 to be awful or anything like that, but it wasn't great. Though I really do think that this game has a very good chance of being a great Spider-Man game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.