Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows sees Spider-Man facing off against nemesis Venom and his army of Symbiotes with the help of both Marvel heroes and villains.

SHIELD: Survival Guide Trailer

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kush

lol..."uncomfortable discharge". I just thought I'd post this trailer because it will likely be the last (official) before the release date. Enjoy!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

*I couldn't edit my post...

Anyway, I watched this one you posted Kush and the other time it must have just been the media player I was watching it through. This looks great!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kush

It can't compete with the launch trailer (what could?), but it's still a pretty good trailer and I'm still saddened by the Oct. 21st release date.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

Agreed, although it was interesting to see the Fallout-esque humor present throughout the video.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Yeah this doesn't hold a candle to the launch trailer at all, but I generally still like it..I like how the voice talks about 'defending' then it just kinda inserts the city "New York City"...sounds pretty funny. I definitely am going to play this at some point, just not at launch right away...it is kinda disappointing at its release date, just because since the spiderman games have a pretty bad rep already, so a lot don't even have this on their radar at all, on top of its just gonna get swallowed by so many other releases.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush

I think this game would do so much better if they just pushed the release date up a week. Release it on the 14th and it becomes an automatic buy for me...the 21st makes this game a rental for now.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

This game might deserve a little more than a rental, don't you think?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Games I'm still unsure of( yeah the trailers look amazing, and so many aspects of it) but I still have yet to see a good amount of gameplay, until I ever am 100% sold on the gameplay and see a good amount,  games are never a buy for me, but I think its definitely up there and could very well be worth it..its just it releases at such a shitty time...if it had came out like the first week of this month or something, that would of been another story. But between LBP, Farcry 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3....its just releasing at a bad time.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush
    BiggerBomb said:
    "This game might deserve a little more than a rental, don't you think?"
    Not when Far Cry 2, LBP, Fable 2 etc come out on the 21st and then Fallout 3 on the 29th. I think it's a game I would definitely buy later on, but I can't buy it right now unless it came out on the 14th. That is why I said it would just be a rental...for now. The key words being "for now".
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

Fair enough. I'm not getting this game right away, either. I'm going to get Fallout 3 at launch and then Far Cry 2, Web of Shadows, and then either Dead Space or L4D for Christmas. Too many games, too little time, too much work, and too crappy of an economy. D:

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I'm so happy that SHIELD is in the game.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Jedted

Anyone else notice the sign for Stark Industries in that video?  Does that mean Iron Man is gonna be in the line up of heroes in the game?

I think WoS is deffinatly gonna be a sleeper hit of '08 just because it returns Spidey to his roots(Activision tried doing that with FoF and failed).  Just because this game is not on the top of your list doesn't mean a lot of people won't rush out and buy it, there's a bunch of gamers who still love Spider-man and will buy just about any game he is in.  Look at the character that's featured on the cover of MUA, i think that oughta speak for itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I actually like this trailer more than the launch trailer.  It has more character.  I hope they balance the serious tone with a bit a well-written humor.

Goddamn, I'm so ready for this game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

@Jedted: Yea, I noticed the Stark Industries sign in the video as well. I think it may be possible to see him in the game, but I would be really surprised because that would mean they have kept at least one huge secret about the game...which could mean that there are even more things we don't know about.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Oni
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "I actually like this trailer more than the launch trailer.  It has more character.  I hope they balance the serious tone with a bit a well-written humor.

Goddamn, I'm so ready for this game."
    Everything you said, I agree with.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    Oni said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "I actually like this trailer more than the launch trailer.  It has more character.  I hope they balance the serious tone with a bit a well-written humor.

Everything you said, I agree with."
    I bet you guys would call the Launch Trailer "emo" wouldn't you. :P
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oni

I liked it, I just preferred the tone of this one. It had that sort of creepy nonchalance to it, totally at odds with the situation. I'm pretty excited for the game's story, as it is totally original. I am so ready for this game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kush

Yes...everything about this game sounds great and I think that is all solely based on the fact this game never had a movie to tie in with...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kush said:
    "Oni said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

Everything you said, I agree with."
    I bet you guys would call the Launch Trailer "emo" wouldn't you. :P"
    Haha.  Not emo, but definitely melodramatic. 

But, that melodrama doesn't take away from the ad campaign, really, because it worked to show off the game's ambition.  I'm quite impressed by the game's scope--even for a Spider-Man game, a franchise noted for its recent advents in free-roaming, this particular entry looks to offer some huge thrills (not to sound trite). 

Again, however, this is a Spider-Man game, and even the comics have taken a turn for the hyper-serious.  I want Spidey to get in a few sarcastic quips before getting pummeled by Venom, you know?  It's all in good tradition. 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kush

I would hope that the game isn't 100% serious...and I think this trailer shows a bit of the humor that will be found in the game (hopefully). I really wish this came out last week because now I don't know when I'll find time to try this game out...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kush said:
    I really wish this came out last week because now I don't know when I'll find time to try this game out..."
    Dude.  Same here.  I am right in the heart of the semester's tempest of work, and gaming is going to have to take a decided vacation while I do some serious studying.   I want really badly to play this game, but the question of "when" is still pretty unanswerable. 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kush
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Dude.  Same here.  I am right in the heart of the semester's tempest of work, and gaming is going to have to take a decided vacation while I do some serious studying.   I want really badly to play this game, but the question of "when" is still pretty unanswerable. "
    Not to mention all the games coming out in a few days and the next few weeks. Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 this week. LBP and Fallout 3 next week...follow that up with Resistance 2 and Gears 2 ...plenty more that I didn't even mention = too many games, not enough time.
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oni

I think I will pick up this and Fable 2 Friday, but I also want Far Cry 2... aargh, what to do? It's not even an issue of money for me, moreso of time. I have this week off, but normally I work full-time (anywhere between 38 to 48 hours usually, restaurant business times...) and I just can't play all these games. And to top it off I got back into WoW and I've found my passion for it again, so I'm wanting to play that as well... choices, choices.

Imagine what it would be like if I had a busy social life ;)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush

You can solve everything if you just quit WoW while you still have a chance....just do it! If it were me, I'd go with Fable 2 and Far Cry 3 before WoS, but I would recommend playing WoS first before Fable 2. Fable 2 could become one of those massively addictive games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187

They definitely screwed up on the release date.

Should've pushed it into November and made it a big release launch title for Activision.  Instead, it's gonna get smothered under the weight of everything else...and that kind of saddens me.

And why the hell aren't any reviews out yet?
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By Jedted

Maybe all the game reviewers are busy playing Fable 2.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187

DS version is sitting on 70% so far, and given that the DS games usually get far lower ratings, I'm betting this one will be in the 82-87% range.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.