Spider-Man and Wolverine Talk Emo!

• 55 results
Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I was recently able to get my hands on a copy of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and I have been pretty disappointed overall. Among all the problems, the writing is particularly bad...Just listen to this little discussion on "emos" and you'll see for yourself.

#1 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I was recently able to get my hands on a copy of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and I have been pretty disappointed overall. Among all the problems, the writing is particularly bad...Just listen to this little discussion on "emos" and you'll see for yourself.

#2 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

That's fantastic.

#3 Posted by pause422 (6190 posts) -

....wow. That is fucking terrible, but at least in an almost funny kind of way. I wanted to like that game, but from what I've been seeing it is definitely a disappointment.

#4 Posted by Jedted (2372 posts) -

The actor who voices Spidey sucks but Wolverine sounds tough like always.

#5 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I don't know if this wins or fails, which is strange because I can usually tell very clearly. I'm glad that Wolverine made that necessary comment, but he could have went on with a long rant. It would have made it funny.

#6 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Yeah I've been hearing that the dialogue sucks big time.... it's really a shame. They should start hiring professional comic writers to do these dialogues.

#7 Posted by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

That shits too retarded, but funny.

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

The guy who's voicing Spider-Man is painful to listen to.

#9 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

That has to be the most hilariously lame dialogue I've heard in a while, I almost thought that was dubbed over!

#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It's true...this is one of those cases that it's so bad it's actually funny. It's also weird that they are trying to make fun of something current.

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -

I don't see what's wrong with it. Made me laugh.

#12 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -

That's just hilarious.

#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"I don't see what's wrong with it. Made me laugh."
It's awful...that's what is wrong with it.
#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

People actually got paid money for that?

#15 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

What the Fuck?

#16 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"People actually got paid money for that?"
About $3.75 ...that's enough for a Big Mac and fries!
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Kush said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"People actually got paid money for that?"
About $3.75 ...that's enough for a Big Mac and fries!"
I'd say that's about $3.75 too much. Particularly for Spidey's voice actor. Why not get the guy from the cartoons back instead of that dweeb.
#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"I'd say that's about $3.75 too much. Particularly for Spidey's voice actor. Why not get the guy from the cartoons back instead of that dweeb."
I'm just going to say this...that video shows some of his better work.
#19 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

What the hell was the point of that?

#20 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
VilhelmNielsen said:
"What the hell was the point of that?"
It was an "optional" conversation you can have with Wolverine about the black suit...What's sad is that some people may never hear it.
#21 Edited by mnB (71 posts) -

God the guy doing the spiderman voice acting is, sorry to say, horrible :S Those aren't real are they? Sure don't hope so O....o

#22 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
mnB said:
"God the guy doing the spiderman voice acting is, sorry to say, horrible :S Those aren't real are they? Sure don't hope so O....o"
What's not real?...the video? That is 100% real that I took out of the game myself. It's kind of rubbish isn't it.
#23 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

That was so bad i don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"That was so bad i don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!"
You can do both at the same time...but don't cut your wrists over it, this is nothing to go all emo over :P
#25 Posted by Dudacles (1457 posts) -

The spiderman voice is completely terrible, an abomination.

#26 Edited by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

There's just something very wrong with Wolverine talking about emo kids...

#27 Posted by mnB (71 posts) -

Nah was actually talking about the voice acting Kush. Just sound way out of character. The Spiderman voice sounds directly fake :S Some of the worst stuff I've heard in a long time.

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -
Kush said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I don't see what's wrong with it. Made me laugh."
It's awful...that's what is wrong with it."
Right... Thanks for giving a good reason. I don't see what's all the hate for Spider-man's voice. it suits him well. There are a couple of times where his voice sounds bad, but majority of the time it's very Parker.
#29 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -
caption
#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -

He's a nerd, and the actor playing the voice sounds very nerdy... What's wrong with it...

caption
#31 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"He's a nerd, and the actor playing the voice sounds very nerdy... What's wrong with it..."
You're kidding, right?
#32 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"He's a nerd, and the actor playing the voice sounds very nerdy... What's wrong with it..."
You're kidding, right?"
Wolverine is talking about the bitches in your display pic....Just wanted to say.
#33 Edited by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"LiquidPrince said:
You're kidding, right?"
Why would I be kidding? Everyone keeps scoffing and whining and yet no one is actually giving a reason as to why they dislike the voice actor. I thought it suited him because it was a stereotypical sort of nerdy voice, yet still funny. Why do you think it didn't suit him?
#34 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -

Not only does the writing suck, I heard the story, and graphics were pretty lacking too.

#35 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -
TheGamerGeek said:
"Not only does the writing suck, I heard the story, and graphics were pretty lacking too."
Well it was a solid 7.5 - 8.0 game all around. Pretty much depends on how much of a Spidey fan you are.
#36 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Right... Thanks for giving a good reason. I don't see what's all the hate for Spider-man's voice. it suits him well. There are a couple of times where his voice sounds bad, but majority of the time it's very Parker."
He sounds very whiny and trust me, that video right there is showing some of his better work from the game. I will make another video showing some even worse VAing if you don't think that is awful.
#37 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"TheGamerGeek said:
"Not only does the writing suck, I heard the story, and graphics were pretty lacking too."
Well it was a solid 7.5 - 8.0 game all around. Pretty much depends on how much of a Spidey fan you are."
I would say the game is a solid 6 at best (and I am a pretty big Spidey fan)...and a 6 is being generous from what I've played so far.
#38 Posted by MB (12479 posts) -

Did Jeff Gerstmann voice Wolverine in Web of Shadows?

#39 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Wow, watching that video makes me wonder if the rest of the game is that way. If so I seriously want to play it now - that was fucking hilarious.

#40 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
MB said:
"Did Jeff Gerstmann voice Wolverine in Web of Shadows?"
If he did he was probably intoxicated and thus, wouldn't remember. Though I bet Jeff loves to poke little dudes in tights, not that there's anything wrong with that.
#41 Posted by DeVeAn (414 posts) -

And people rag on Sonic games? That was horrid. The Spider man game on the PSone was the best.

#42 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
DeVeAn said:
"And people rag on Sonic games? That was horrid. The Spider man game on the PSone was the best."
Because recent Sonic games are worse...and way, way creepier.
#43 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

"i'll poke you!"

#44 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Virago said:
""i'll poke you!""
and I'll poke you back!
#45 Posted by ILOVETHEENOT (234 posts) -

that...was...just...brutal...*grabs q-tip*

#46 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

That, was....... brilliant.

#47 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -
Kush said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Right... Thanks for giving a good reason. I don't see what's all the hate for Spider-man's voice. it suits him well. There are a couple of times where his voice sounds bad, but majority of the time it's very Parker."
He sounds very whiny and trust me, that video right there is showing some of his better work from the game. I will make another video showing some even worse VAing if you don't think that is awful."
I've played pretty much every recent Spider-man game and am a huge Spidey fan and I still didn't think it was that bad.
#48 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"I've played pretty much every recent Spider-man game and am a huge Spidey fan and I still didn't think it was that bad."
Then I guess you'll love this game like a Star Wars fan loves the "new" trilogy.
#49 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -
Kush said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I've played pretty much every recent Spider-man game and am a huge Spidey fan and I still didn't think it was that bad."
Then I guess you'll love this game like a Star Wars fan loves the "new" trilogy."
I hate the new trilogy... The only one I like is Revenge of the Sith. Although, I can't handle watching the old trilogy anymore either, unless its from time from time.
#50 Edited by VibratingDonkey (879 posts) -

Phenomenal... Or should I say...venomenal?

LiquidPrince said:

"HandsomeDead said:
"LiquidPrince said:
You're kidding, right?"
Why would I be kidding? Everyone keeps scoffing and whining and yet no one is actually giving a reason as to why they dislike the voice actor. I thought it suited him because it was a stereotypical sort of nerdy voice, yet still funny. Why do you think it didn't suit him?"
He sounds like an embarassing, whiny, obnoxious little bitch. That's not what Spider-Man, Peter Parker, or either of them in black suit mode are like are they? And the guy overacts like those emo kiddies you keep hearing about on those gosh darn internet things. Did you hear about the internet? And the emo kiddies? Them emo kiddies on the internet. So how's about that Juicetube site? You can juice me, I'll juice you back! Hehe!

Wolverine isn't much better, or well, a fair bit better really. The writing is worse than both of them combined though. Holy crap... Why do game designers insist on pretending to be writers?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.