Please someone tell me

#1 Posted by Ikilledthetoilet (16 posts) -

For the love of bacon will someone tell me the difference between spider man and ultimate spider man?!

#2 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

The storylines are just different. It's the same characters in a different storyline.

#3 Posted by RyanD (93 posts) -
@N3onThr33 said:
" The storylines are just different. It's the same characters in a different storyline. "
there you go. also they're drawn with a different style
#4 Posted by Ikilledthetoilet (16 posts) -

oh. thx 

#5 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

gogglehjlhlklvn

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Aren't the Ultimate comics also designed for a younger audience or something? They always seem far more wacky than the standard Spider-Man, X-Men etc.

#7 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Let me get nerdy for you: 

Amazing Spider-Man takes place on Earth 616, which means that all of the backstory is still there from when Spider-Man first appeared.  Ultimate Spider-Man takes place in the Ultimate universe, which was a reboot setup by Marvel in order to take away all that backstory and basically start fresh.

The Ultimate stuff does typically tend to appeal more to the current generation of youngsters and teenagers as a way for them to get into comics, especially because Peter is still in high school in the Ultimate universe.  Amazing Spider-Man has been married and grown up, etc etc etc.  Ultimate is also a bit more modernized than Amazing in terms of the storytelling. 

SOOOOO...everyone that has been saying that Ultimate is not a different dimension...is wrong.  It absolutely is by the standards of the comic books.

#8 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

Ultimate Universe had Spider-Man going through "several" serious mutations. There was also a whole bunch of Spider-people (as I recall) Mary Jane also got powers. Peter Parker was cloned 6 times, making him A Symbiote, 6-armed Spiderman, and various others. Ultimate Spidey was also Carnage.

#9 Posted by Colt (110 posts) -

youre thinking of the clone saga. that has nothing to do with the ultimate universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.