Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 30, 2000

A action-adventure game based on the Spider-Man comics, that follows an original storyline and features narration from Stan Lee.

Best Spiderman game...

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SAC

As much as the web-swinging rules in the Spiderman 2 movie game, I still stand by this game being the best Spiderman game. All of the easter eggs, the cast of heroes and villains you encounter, the collectibles, and the cheats (three words: What If Mode) are great! While the whole tone is very goofy, I think it still fits in line with the tone of Spidey comics and his universe. Spiderman games have been on my mind lately with the new movie and game coming out so I apologize if this is a random topic but lets discuss this awesome game. If you disagree, let's hear your suggestion for the best Spiderman game.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I definitely agree with Spider-Man. One of the things I most clearly remember about that game was "What If" Mode, too, and that side of it really blew my mind in terms of how much more it brought to the game. There was a lot to that game and I wish they could've modeled The Amazing Spider-Man to be a little more like that game. It was probably also the first game that got me interested in the proverbial "S-rank" in that it had given a lot of good incentive for 100% completion unlike other games from back then.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SAC
    @EquitasInvictus Totally agree about the "s-ranking" of the game. I was the same way. I remember obsessing about all of the comic covers and there were lots of alternate costumes to unlock. Great game. I need to replay it. Luckily I still have my copy!
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

I really liked Spiderman 2. It's also the only Spiderman game I have ever played.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Ultimate Spider-man. It had the same awesome web slinging mechanics, but a much more interesting city, plot, characters and much better combat.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Spider-Man 2 has been the best open world game I've played so far but until I replay it Spider-Man on the PS1 and dreamcast is my favorite.

Spider-Man American Box Art
    Spider-Man American Box Art

Plus it had my favorite dumb alternate costume "The Amazing Bag Man".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.