Do spiders in video games scare you?

#1 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -
#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Fuck no.

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -

i know most people on here are Arachnophobic and I know a few people in real life who are too.  I even know someone who was scared to death of the giant spider in the Harry Potter video game.  Are you scared of spiders in video games?

#4 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

No not really.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

No

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11724 posts) -

The start of Penumbra - yes =|

#7 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I wouldn't  touch  one in real life, but don't mind them in games-

#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The Limbo spider is the most terrifying enemy I have ever faced in a video game.

#9 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:

" I wouldn't  touch  one in real life, but don't mind them in games- "

#10 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

Not anymore. When I was a kid I was terrified of the spiders in the Ocarina of Time(especially the ones with the faces on them). 

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I'm scared of the Minecraft ones.

#12 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" @Kjellm87 said:

"
burn it with fire
#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
" @Kjellm87 said:

"
............ burn it with fire "
HOW WILL YOU WIPE!?
#14 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Seeing as how one crawled up behind me in Castlevania and made me jump, I'd say yes.  

I have two fears in real life. One is heights, and the other is spiders. Bad childhood experiences with both of those things.

#15 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

No.  They don't scare me in real life and they don't scare me in video games.

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

The GB community isn't very fond of spiders but I think it's a bit of an overstatement to say we have arachnophobia. Personally I'm not scared by much stuff in video games, spiders included.

#17 Posted by sharma55 (458 posts) -

Hell yeah! Not just spiders, all bugs, couldn't play through Fallout because of this.

#18 Posted by MythDarK (536 posts) -

I have no problem with them in games, no. But, if made really well, they can still be gross though.

#19 Edited by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -
@sharma55 said:

" Hell yeah! Not just spiders, all bugs, couldn't play through Fallout because of this. "

I actually had a bit of trouble with Fallout 3. 
It all depends on how realistic the bugs look. The spiders in Dragon Age are kinda freaky for this reason (they really go out of their way to render the hairs) but something more stylized/less realistic (like EDF) doesn't really bother me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.