Jeff part of VGA council

• 65 results
#51 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

@FinalDasa: Trackmania 2 is now nominated for EVERYTHING.

#52 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Why isn't Jim Sterling on this list? For shame!

All we need now is Ben "Yahtzee" Crenshaw on the list too....

#53 Edited by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -

Call of Duty will still win every award*.

The VGAs are a fucking joke. They're everything that's wrong with gaming culture - fuck it, culture in general.

*Awards sponsored by Mountain Dew - Do the Dew this holiday with specially marked cases of Mountain Dew - every label is a winner!

#54 Posted by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

Judge.

#55 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

For those who haven't bothered to read Alex's article, it's worth noting that MW3 is not even nominated for Game of the Year. Their 5 nominees are Portal 2, Skyrim, Arkham City, Skyward Sword, and Uncharted 3. I think they're working to fix their image a little bit here, to be honest, though it'd be a boldfaced lie to tell you they've won any confidence from me.

There's a number of reputable journalists on that council list. It's unfortunate that the number of them is at best a third of the council, while the rest are entirely ill-equipped to really seriously weigh these games against each other in terms of anything other than "which was the most fun/awesome?"

#56 Posted by me3639 (1728 posts) -

One credible source can not save a paid for advertisement showcase.

#57 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@alternate said:

Actually reading down the list it is the usual suspects and then. Who did these two pay/blow to get on the list. :D

Scott Alexander (Freelance Writer, Playboy & Family Circle)
Tina Amini (Assistant Editor / Video Games Channel Manager, Complex Magazine)

I especially love that Scott Alexander there is a freelance writer for Playboy and...Family Circle. What a weird fucking combination.

#58 Edited by weaponofchoice (31 posts) -

@DarkGamerOO7: Your right. Remember Neil Patrick Harris being the host and then winning the best Voice Acting award? I wasn't even upset, it was like how they gave him the award. It had that "we're just giving this away" kinda feel. He even made a joke about it if I remember.

@alternate: I was kinda thinking that, it's a shame it has to come to that. There's two guys from Wired, one of those could've been Adam!

#59 Posted by Stingraymond (85 posts) -

@FinalDasa said:

Least there is some voice of reason at the VGAs.

Yeah that voice of reason that never even bothered playing Red Dead Redemption and won't give games like Dark Souls a second look. Super unbiased!

#60 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@CaLe said:

Why isn't Jim Sterling on this list? For shame!

Because his critique would prove inconvenient for MW3, BF3, Gears 3 and other AAA titles released in 2011.

@Stingraymond said:

@FinalDasa said:

Least there is some voice of reason at the VGAs.

Yeah that voice of reason that never even bothered playing Red Dead Redemption and won't give games like Dark Souls a second look. Super unbiased!

Jeff, along with many people, didn't like how boring RDR was. He's also a pretty busy person but god forbid that he should not like Dark Souls!
#61 Posted by FinalDasa (1494 posts) -

@Stingraymond: I said reason not unbiased. Everyone has games they love too much or dislike for no reason, its a part of being human.

#62 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

@Agent47 said:

@Dany:Exactly I think it would be far more respected if they were actually judged on their content not 'OMGZ DE MW3 IZ ALL IS I PLAYZ!".

i think he meant having a host that rips everyone to shreds

#63 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

That list needs more Sessler.

My thoughts exactly.

#64 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

This is like, his 4th time doing it or something.

#65 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Jeff's got a bad taste in games- everyone knows that! Resident Evil is awesome, people!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.